TWENTY NINE

Jungkook jolted awake from the ringing of his phone. 

Taehyung, who laid beside him, was still sleeping like a rock while snoring lightly. The younger groaned in displeasure from having his sleep interrupted but nonetheless reached blindly for his phone on the bedside table. 

With half-closed eyes, he answered the call and press the electronic device on his ear. 

"Hello?" He cringed slightly at his raspy voice. 

"Jungkook-ah." It was like a bucket of cold water had been emptied on his face. 

"D-dad." Jungkook quietly climbed out of bed and went to the kitchen to let Taehyung sleep. 

"Your mom told me who you had been disrespectful to her, and that you no longer wanted to be a lawyer." His tone was calm, but Jungkook knew better. His dad was furious. 

"Yes..." Sat at the table, Jungkook was drumming his fingers nervously on the hard surface. 

"I think it's time we have a serious discussion young man." 

Jungkook was currently standing in front of the building of his dad's law firm. The man had told him to come meet him in his office, and Jungkook was nervous to say the least. The constant harsh words and beatings he had suffered as a child had made Jungkook scared of his own father. 

He took a deep breath before pushing open the glass doors. As he made his way to his dad's office, a lump formed in his throat and his palms became sweaty. When he finally arrived to the wooden door on which the man's name was written, he knocked three times and waited for an answer. 

Almost a minute later, a muffled 'come in' was heard, and Jungkook reluctantly entered. 

His dad was sitting at his desk in front of his computer, his old glasses hanging on the bridge of his nose. His arms were crossed on top of the desk and he stared at Jungkook with a stern expression. 

"You wanted to see me father..." The man cleared his throat. 

"Your mother and I raised you for a purpose Jungkook, and it's not to waste your time goofing around taking pictures and to fool around with boys." Disgust could clearly be seen on his face. "Do you know how humiliating it would be if everyone found out my son is gay? It's time you come back to your senses." 

Jungkook couldn't utter a word. It had been so easy defying his mother, but now that he was face to face with his father, his previous confidence seemed to have vanished. He remembered every hit of the belt hitting his back, every insult thrown his way about how he would never be good enough. 

Jungkook's dad sighed as he drag his hand down his face. Meanwhile, Jungkook's eyes were facing the ground, a single tear sliding down his cheek and his hands balled into fists. 

"God, you disgusts me, get out of here." He did as told and turned around. But just as he was about to twist the doorknob, he stopped. 

He had spent all his life in fear of his dad, listening to everything his parents told him and always trying to make them proud, always hoping they would congratulate him in some way. Now, Jungkook realized this would never happen. They didn't see Jungkook as their son, they saw him as a puppet they could mold and shape as they pleased. 

He didn't want to be their pawn anymore. 

"No." His father, who had gone back to his paperwork, raised his head back up.

"No?" Jungkook spun on his heels and slammed his hands on the desk, making the man jump.

"I won't let you control my life anymore. Ever since I was young I always did what you and mom wanted me to do, but now I'm an adult and I can make my own decisions." 

His father was speechless. His son had never talked to him like that before, and he quickly felt anger overtake him. 

"If you continue on your own, then you're not my son anymore!" Even though the man had hurt him so many times, Jungkook felt a pang to his heart, but he knew it was the right decision. 

"Alright." Jungkook bowed to the man one last time. "Goodbye then." 

Jungkook made his way out of the door, and closed it behind him with a heavy heart but a clear conscience. 

Meanwhile, Taehyung was sitting in the living room, constantly checking his phone for a new notification. When he noticed Jungkook had left the apartment without saying nothing, which was not like him at all, he tried to contact the younger but to no avail.

Finally, the sound of the front door opening was heard, and Taehyung looked just in time to see Jungkook entering. At first, the older was going to scold boyfriend but when he saw him crying he immediately dismissed the idea. 

He stood up on the couch and walked up to the younger, who was making grabby hands towards him. "D-Dwada!" 

Taehyung embraced the little in a warm hug and pecked his cheeks a few times. 

"What happened sweetheart? Why are you crying?" Jungkook hiccuped, trying to catch his breath.

"W-went to see Kwookie's dwad." The caregiver was confused for a while, but it finally clicked in his head. 

"Kookie's dad was a meanie?" The younger nodded into his chest, drenching his shirt with tears. 

"H-he not K-kookie's dwad a-anymwore!" He erupted into new sobs, and Taehyung swear he could feel his heart break in two. The older brought them to the couch where he settled Jungkook on his lap. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry baby." Taehyung rubbed circles into Jungkook's back and whispered sweet nothings into his ear as he tried to calm him down. 

After a whole hour of comforting the younger, Jungkook's crying had stopped and he was sleeping on Taehyung's chest, exhausted after his crying session. 

The caregiver reached for a blanket which was hanging on the back of the couch and draped on the both of them. Eventually, Taehyung was also lulled into sleep by Jungkook's warmth and fell into a dreamless slumber. 

We are nearing the end everybody... Anyway, Here is Jungkook's dad reaction. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and don't forget to vote or comment your opinion. 

XOX