SEVENTEEN

Things were awkward between Jungkook and Taehyung the next day. They both tried to act like nothing happened, even though they often stole glances of each other when the other wasn't looking.

Eventually, their little routine came back the following week.

 When Jungkook came back from university Wednesday evening he fell into little space, and Taehyung took care of him, happy to see his baby boy make an appearance.

As he cuddle with Jungkook on the couch, the latter having a pacifier lodged between his lips, his longing for the younger's affection came back to haunt him. He thought about what happened Saturday, and finally concluded with a light heart that he was liked Jungkook a lot and wanted to be with him.

That night, Taehyung fell asleep with a content smile on his face.

Jungkook sighed as he entered the apartment. It had been another long day of studying, and he was glad he was back home. After he had removed his outerwear he scan his surroundings and was surprised when he saw Taehyung sitting on the couch, looking back at him intently.

"Hum, hey...?" Taehyung raised on his feet and approached the younger, wearing a nervous expression.

"Hey, how was your day at Uni?" Jungkook ruffled his hair a bit as he let out a heavy sigh once again.

"Exhausting, like always. What about you hyung?" The older chuckled deeply, scratching his ear.

"Oh you know, did a bit of sketching since I'm working on a new clothing line." Silence settled between them, but Jungkook didn't want to break it since his hyung looked like he wanted to say something. After a short while, Taehyung took a shaky breath before speaking.

"Hum, I've been thinking all week about what happened Saturday," Jungkook's cheeks suddenly became a light pink, "And I wanted to tell you that the kiss really meant something to me. I realized that I like you, a lot." 

The younger's heart swelled as Taehyung took both of his hands.

"Jungkook, will you go out with me?" The latter didn't respond immediately, and this sent Taehyung in a talking frenzy.

"I mean we can take this slow if you want, or if you don't like me that's fine too, but I just-" 

Suddenly Taehyung stopped talking as a pair of lips were pressed on his own. Without hesitation, he responded to the kiss as he closed his eyes in bliss. After a while, Jungkook pulled away and smiled at him.

"I like you too, hyung. Of course I will."

Two hours later, the new couple was walking down the street hand in hand. Some people passing by give them a look but they were simple to happy to care.

They had decided to take things slow, mainly because it was Jungkook's first relationship. The younger had always knew he was gay, but he didn't tell anyone about it, especially his parents since they would probably disown him. 

His friends back in High School were suspicious of him since he never dated a girl or anything, but Jungkook shut down their questions by saying he only did one night stands, when actually he was a virgin.

Taehyung and Jungkook were currently on their way to a fancy restaurant. Taehyung had proposed they went on a date to get to know each other more and to make their relationship sort of official. 

When they entered the place, a waiter immediately guided them to a booth in the back of the room. 

"I'll be back shortly with the menus" They both thanked him as the man walked away. Taehyung reached out to grab Jungkook's hand over the table. He caressed the soft skin with his thumb as he looked deeply into the younger's eyes. 

"We could have gone to a cheaper restaurant you know." He stirred his eyes away from his boyfriend, blushing madly.

"You deserve the best. Besides, it's on me." Jungkook looked back at him, biting his lip slightly.

"You don't have to, I can pay." Taehyung only smiled.

"It was my idea anyway. The best way you can pay me is by having a good time." The waiter came back with the menus as promised, leaving the couple to make their choice. At the end, they both decided to get the same thing. 

About an hour later, they both ate their food slowly as they made conversation in between.

"So, you like it?" Jungkook nodded while he chewed.

"Yeah, it's the best thing I ever ate." Taehyung chuckled as he dabbed his napkin on the corner of his mouth. He put down the white paper towel beside his empty plate and placed his elbows on the table, resting his head in the palm of his hands.

"Tell me about yourself Jungkook, what do you like." Jungkook put down his fork and placed his hands in his lap.

"Well, I like photography and anime. Sometimes I draw too, but I didn't have time lately because of my studies. What about you?" Taehyung thought for a second before he spoke up.

"As you know, fashion is my passion. I enjoy photography too, but to be honest I'm not really good at taking pictures. Ghibli Studio if my religion also, so if you have any problem with that..." Jungkook laughed, and the two of them Continued to gush about their favourite shows and movies.

"You never told me about your family hyung." Taehyung's whole face suddenly went bright.

"Oh my family is the best! My mom is the greatest cook you'll ever meet and she is one of the kindest human beings. My dad is also so good to my mom and he is so embarrassing sometimes. There's also my grandmother, I spent a lot of my childhood at her house-"

As Taehyung continued to talk, Jungkook struggled to keep a smile on his face. Of course, he was glad his boyfriend had such a great family, but he kept thinking about his own. His cold father, using his belt when Jungkook had a C on his exam. His mother constantly yelling at him for every little thing he did wrong.

Without realizing, Jungkook had started crying. Taehyung had quickly noticed something was wrong with the younger and had went to kneel beside him, taking his hands.

"Are you okay baby?" Jungkook sniffled as he brushed his tears away.

"I'm sorry Tae. I just couldn't help but think about my parents..." Taehyung contained his anger, instead focusing on comforting his crying boyfriend.

"Look at me kook." Once the older had his attention, he continued.

"Whatever your parents did or said to you, you're an amazing person okay? And I'm gonna do my best to take care of you and to remind you everyday that you're the most beautiful man in my eyes."  They embraced each other while Jungkook continued to cry. But this time, they were tears of joy.

"Thank you, TaeTae."

Another update my lovelies! I promise the next chapter is going to be with little Jungkook! Anyway, vote or comment your opinion ;) Bah bye.

XOX