NINE

The atmosphere around the apartment the following week was tense. Once again, the two boys living together weren't speaking to each other. 

Jungkook was doing his best to forget about this weird episode, but he couldn't deny the fact that it had made him happy.

On the other hand, Taehyung didn't know how to confront him on the matter.

When he visited Jimin and Yoongi Friday evening, he told him what happened. Taehyung knew Jungkook would probably be upset by the fact that he exposed him, but the older just wanted to help him, and to achieve that he needed to ask counsel.

The two males sat on the leather couch, which Yoongi had bought having little Jimin in mind, and watched Jimin playing with lego blocks on the carpet, humming a soft tune. Taehyung had just explained everything to his hyung. They weren't worried about Jimin listening since the little was immersed into his own world.

Yoongi took a moment to process what he had learnt, fixing the wall in front of him. Finally, he spoke up.

"I don't know what to say, Tae. I never expected Jungkook to fall into littlespace. But then again, it's true that I don't know anything about the boy's past, I mean, we're just acquaintances." He paused to scold Jimin, who was about to put a block into his mouth. When he saw that he had resumed the built of the tower he was making, Yoongi started speaking again.

"But you really need to talk to him about it. You said to me that he looked really stressed and miserable these past few days, and littlespace might be able to make him relax. That's how my Jiminie cope with stress." Taehyung only sighed in frustration.

"If I mention it he'll probably start yelling at me..." He buried his face into his hands, crouching a bit so that his forearms were resting on his thighs. Yoongi patted his back.

"Tae, if you don't speak to him, before you know it he's gonna be collapsing because of the stress. And as far as I'm concerned, I think he doesn't have anyone he can rely on expect you." Taehyung exhaled loudly, knowing his hyung was right. He couldn't delay this any longer.

"Dada!" Their attentions were brought to Jimin, who was making grabby hands towards Yoongi with pleading eyes. The latter chuckled before he complied to his request, standing up from the couch to grab the little under his armpits. Jimin immediately buried his head into the crook of his daddy's neck. 

"Alright baby boy, time to go to bed." 

As Taehyung watched the pair go down the hallway, he wondered what would it be like if he had the same thing with Jungkook. Finally, he could have a little of his own.

The thought brighten his mood, and he decided he would address the matter with Jungkook tomorrow.

Taehyung was typing away at his computer, often checking the time showing on the top right corner of the screen. Five o'clock had already passed, and it was only a matter of time before Jungkook would open the door. 

What he didn't expected was for an angry looking Jungkook slamming the door shut behind him when he entered. The younger carelessly shrugged off his coat and tossed his boots messily on the carpet. He obviously hadn't noticed Taehyung sitting on the sofa.

Jungkook sat down at the kitchen table, taking deep breaths while his head lay inside his hands. Taehyung was quite surprised when he heard sobs coming from his roommate, but quickly got off the couch to comfort him.

Jungkook jumped in his seat, startled, as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked over to see Taehyung watching him with a soft expression.

"Why are you crying, Kook." Jungkook whimpered and hid his face into his hands once again. Taehyung patiently waited for him to speak, and after some time, he heard Jungkook mumble incoherent words.

"What?" This time, Jungkook lifted his head and spoke in a broken tone.

"I failed my exam!" He clutched his hair angrily, and for a second Taehyung was afraid he would end up bald.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you can do better next-" But Jungkook slammed his fist on the table, silencing him. He faced the older, and the latter and a clear view of his tears cascading down his cheeks, along with the anger filling his eyes.

"There ain't no next time! My parents are gonna kill me!! I'm f-failing all my c-classes!!" His intakes of breath started to get more short as he gasped for air, and Taehyung knew he was having a panic attack.

He crouched in front of him and caressing both of his cheeks with the pad of his thumbs. 

"Look at me Kook." He gently moved Jungkook's head so that they were staring into each other's eyes. 

"Follow my lead okay, breathe in, breathe out." They stayed like this for a while, taking deep breaths at the same time, than exhaling slowly. After five minutes, the younger had finally calmed down.

"I'm gonna get you a glass of water, okay" Jungkook nodded slightly and Taehyung stood onto his feet to get the jug of water from the fridge. When he came back, Jungkook gladly gulped down the clear liquid and sighed in content when he set the glass down.

"Thank you." Taehyung joined Jungkook at the table, drawing the chair in front of the boy. He stayed silent as he watched him glanced at the hard wood with a blank expression.

"Jungkook." Reluctantly, he lifted his head to look at Taehyung. He couldn't decipher the expression that his hyung wore.

"I think the headspace you went in last week could really help you deal with your stress." Jungkook didn't speak, and his eyes fell back onto the table. 

"Y-you think so...?" His voice was small as he spoke, and this reminded Taehyung of when he had fallen into little space. 

"I"m sure." And with that said, Taehyung began to explain him what little space was, and although Jungkook had read it online, it seemed much more better when Taehyung explained it.  The older told him about caregivers too, and how they made sure their little was safe and happy.

"I could be your caregiver, if you want." Taehyung couldn't deny that he hoped that Jungkook say yes. It seemed to take an eternity before Jungkook uttered a response.

"O-Okay, I'll try it." A grin appeared on Taehyung's lips. He couldn't wait to take care of Jungkook and be his caregiver.

Hello dear readers, please give me your opinion on this chapter and vote if you liked it :) Since the holidays are coming soon, I hope you have a nice time with your family and friends. Until next time.

XOX