TEN

The rest of the evening, Jungkook told Taehyung about how he was struggling at university. The assignments were pilling up quickly and Jungkook had no choice but to fall asleep at two-three in the morning. 

He didn't tell his roommate his situation with his parents since he wanted to keep that to himself. But the truth is, he didn't want to burden Taehyung with his problems.

"Well maybe you can take a year off, to clear your mind." Jungkook wish he could, but that was impossible.

"I can't," The younger sighed. Taehyung flashed him a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry Jungkook, from now on you can talk to me if something is bothering you, ok?" This sentence meant more to Jungkook than the older could ever know. Nobody had ever been there for him before. Soon enough, Jungkook's eyes were glistening with tears. 

"Hey, don't cry, it's okay." Taehyung got out of his seat to hug Jungkook, pressing his head onto his own chest and softly caressing his hair.

"Thank you, hyung." Jungkook sniffed, burying his face further into Taehyung's reassuring warmth. 

The next morning, Jungkook sighed in content into his warm pillow. He was quite reluctant to leave the confines of his bed, but finally realized he couldn't sleep all day with everything he had to do.

When he walked into the kitchen and saw Taehyung cracking an egg in the frying pan placed on the stove, Jungkook remembered what they had both discussed last night. He was quite nervous to try this, but knew it was in his best interests. 

On the other hand, his mind travelled back to the pile of papers laying in his bedroom, waiting to be finished.

"Good morning Kook." Jungkook jumped a bit and saw Taehyung looking at him with smile while he mixed the eggs in the pan.

"I-I don't know if I have time to try the- the thing we talked about yesterday. I have a lot papers to hand over this week-" Jungkook started with some apprehension.

He stopped talking when Taehyung approached him after putting the eggs into two plates. The older placed his two hands on the younger's shoulders, looking at him directly in the eyes.

"Please Jungkook, I won't force you to try it, but I think it would really help you cope with your stress. And if you decide that it's not for you, then I won't bother you anymore, okay?" Jungkook sighed then slowly nodded.

"Alright, let's eat."

While he chewed his breakfast, Jungkook's stomach was clenching apprehensively. Indeed, he was quite nervous and he felt a bit embarrassed to act like a child in front of his roommate. A part of him was still saying that adults shouldn't act like that and that it was weird, but Jungkook supposed he had to trust Taehyung on this.

After all, when his hyung was 'babysitting' Jimin, the latter seemed quite happy to be in his headspace.

His train of thought was interrupted when Taehyung grabbed his empty plate. The younger proposed to wash the dishes but Taehyung shrugged him off. And so, Jungkook went to sit on the couch in front of the TV, scrolling down his phone with his mind drifting elsewhere.

Eventually, Taehyung turned off the sink and placed the washed plates in the cabinet. He made his way to Jungkook and stood in front of him.

"So how about we get you dressed, hmm?" Jungkook turned off his phone and raised from the couch, following his hyung to his own bedroom. They both looked into his drawers to find him comfortable clothes.

"I guess a loose shirt with some sweatpants will do for now," Taehyung let out a sigh, and he handed the said articles of clothing to his dongsaeng.

"Do you want me to help you change? This will help you get into your headspace." 

Jungkook hesitated for a bit, clearly embarrassed to get into his underwear in front of his roommate. "I don't know..." 

Taehyung showed a reassuring smile, "Like I said before, it's your choice and I won't force your hand, but if you let me take care of you and let down your guard, it will be easier for you to relax." 

The younger pondered the thought a while longer before he nodded, "Okay."

And so, Taehyung helped him remove the t-shirt he slept in along with some comfortable shorts. After he instructed him to raise his arm so he could slide the white t-shirt with some inscriptions written on it down his upper body. Next came the joggers, which Jungkook would've tripped on if Taehyung hadn't steadied him. Finally, the older handed him a pair of warm socks.

They went back to the living room where Taehyung grabbed a folded blanket and covered Jungkook with it on the couch. He grabbed the remote and looked through the kids shows on TV, and he skipped a couple of channels when Jungkook spoke behind him.

"C-Can I watch this?" He pointed to the bight colors filling the screen, different animals talking to each other. Taehyung bit down a smile and turned to him.

"Of course you can baby," Jungkook's cheeks flushed a little upon hearing the nickname, "I'll go change in my room and come back soon okay?" 

Jungkook nodded before he turned his attention back to the screen, and this time Taehyung couldn't help but grin.

When Taehyung came back a while later in a hoodie, he was carrying a box of toys he was keeping for when Jimin was coming to the apartment. He had also brought Jungkook's teddy bear on the way.

"Hey baby, I brought some toys you can play with." He dropped the box on the floor, directing Jungkook's attention away from the TV and towards the colorful objects. 

"I also brought a friend of yours." He showed him the plushie he was hiding behind his back, and he was pleased to see Jungkook's eyes widen.

"Teddy!" Jungkook had exclaimed in a more high pitched voice. Taehyung figured that the precious bear had been the last push to make him fall into littlespace.

Taehyung handed him Teddy with a warm expression, clearly happy that Jungkook was finally relaxed in his headspace. 

"That's right baby. Teddy was starting to get lonely without you." Jungkook was hugging the stuffie close to his chest, swaying from side to side.

And that was the start of their caregiver/little relationship.

Hi dear readers! I'm sorry for the late update but I'm working more hours during the holidays so that's limiting my time. I hope you had an happy Christmas with your family :)

XOX