TWENTY FOUR

The few remaining days before Christmas went by in a blur.

Taehyung made it his duty to show his boyfriend around his hometown. And so the couple went to visit a couple of places Taehyung used to go to as a teen, and found that most of them hadn't changed. They had a really good time at the arcade situated a few blocks from his childhood home. Jungkook was quite proud to say he won at every game, making Taehyung pout in deception. Although his boyfriend was quick to turn it upside down with a loving kiss.

Just one day before the holiday, Little Kookie decided to make an appearance, and Taehyung was overjoyed to see his baby boy again. Luckily, Taehyung's parents were gone for the day since they were paying a visit to his aunt who lived across the town, leaving the house to the couple.

Taehyung decided to give free rein to Kookie (As long as his requests were reasonable) so he could choose what they would do today. The two of them first went to the park close by, where Jungkook sat in the swings and made his caregiver push him. And even though Taehyung's arms grew tired after thirty minutes, the melodic giggles coming from his boyfriend were more than enough to keep him going.

Later that evening, after they went eating at Panda Express (Taehyung was feeding Jungkook the entire time so he wouldn't make a mess), Taehyung built a fort with blanket and pillows and put an animation movie on called 'Ponyo'. Jungkook was cuddled into Taehyung's side as he drank the warm milk from his favourite sippy cup. 

When the movie ended, Taehyung realized his little had fallen asleep with his thumb in his mouth, and smiled fondly before carrying him to the bedroom. After changing Jungkook's clothes without waking him up (which was a miracle in itself), he slowly drifted into a deep sleep with the younger held tightly in his arms. 

Presently, Jungkook's eyes fluttered opened as he took in his surroundings. He immediately recognized his boyfriend's familiar embrace without even turning around. He stayed in this position for a while, basking in the blissful state of being newly awaken. But all good things come to an end, as a soft kiss was planted on his cheek. 

Jungkook turned his head to see Taehyung smiling softly at him with his eyes half-closed. The older of the two reach his hand forward to brush a strand away from Jungkook's face, tucking it under his ear. 

"Merry Christmas baby." Jungkook felt a shiver run down his spine when he heard Taehyung's deep, raspy voice. The younger kissed him before returning his smile.

"Merry Christmas. I love you~" Taehyung chuckled when he noticed his playful tone. He lifted his head a bit before pecking his forehead, making Jungkook blush even though they had been dating for about three months now. 

"I love you too baby boy." 

The couple eventually got of bed after laying down for almost an hour in each other's embrace and fighting the urge to go back to sleep. Taehyung's parents were already in the kitchen, his father drinking his coffee while scrolling down his phone and his mother busy preparing breakfast. 

Kim Jaehyun was the first to notice the new appearance and smiled at them.

"Merry Christmas boys." Eun Jae turned around when she heard her husband speak, and hurried over to hug his son and peck his cheek.

"Merry Christmas baby bear." Taehyung wished her the same while embracing her smaller figure, and then she went on to Jungkook. Even though this was the second time the woman hugged him, the male still felt a bit startled by the rush of affection, but retaliated the gesture nonetheless and uttered a soft 'Merry Christmas'.

The breakfast was filled with small chatter as they ate the delicious food Taehyung's mom had cooked. Eventually, they gathered the dirty plates and left the young couple on the washing duty. Jungkook laughed since Taehyung kept splashing him with water, which almost ended up in a full on war except that Eun Jae was quick to scold them for spilling water all over the floor.

When the awaited evening finally came, Jungkook got to meet Taehyung's brother and sister who came over to celebrate Christmas. He witnessed as the members of the tight-knitted family exchanged gifts and inside jokes. Fortunately, they all made sure to include Jungkook into their conversations, for which the younger was glad. 

When it was around two in the morning, everyone retired to their designated room after exchanging some last wishes and goodnights. Jungkook couldn't lie and say he wasn't disappointed Taehyung hadn't bought him a gift, but tried to hide his deception as much as possible as he thought of the small wrapped up package hidden in his backpack away from his boyfriend's prying eyes. 

Jungkook sat down on the bed, thinking about changing into his pajamas when Taehyung stood in front of him, with his hands behind his back. 

"Close your eyes baby." The man looked at him suspiciously before doing as told. Soon what felt like an heavy box was placed into his hands. "You can open them." 

Once again, Jungkook listened to him and discovered it was indeed a large box wrapped up in Christmas themed paper. After giving Taehyung a look, he began to unwrap the gift, and soon opened it to discover a beautiful black camera. Jungkook felt himself tear up as he put it aside carefully and gave Taehyung a tight hug.

Taehyung chuckled as he returned the hug. "I assume that you like it." 

Jungkook gave him a beaming smile as he pulled away. "I love it, thank you so much." 

Taehyung smiled and grabbed his hands lightly, swinging in a gentle manner. "I bought little kookie some gifts too. But I'll wait until morning to give them to him since its quite late." 

Jungkook felt the urge to slip into his headspace when he heard that but pushed the feeling aside since he knew his boyfriend was right. Instead he went to get Taehyung's gift from its hidding place.

When he gave it to Taehyung, he waited anxiously as the older slowly opened the gift. Taehyung exhaled as he took in the sliver necklace in held in his hands. "Is that...?"

"A gucci necklace. Since you keep talking about that brand, I figured it would be a great gift. Do you like it?" Taehyung kissed him in response. 

"Of course I like it, but you didn't have to pay that much for a simple gift." Jungkook smiled at him and caressed his cheek. 

"Don't worry, I wanted to." 

After that, both of them put their gifts away as they prepared themselves to go to sleep. They laid in each other's embrace, both thinking that this was the best Christmas yet. 

Here's another update. I'm sorry if this feels like a short update, even though I did more words than usual. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, and don't forget to vote or comment if you did.

XOX