SEVEN

Soft whimpers were heard in the small compact room as Taehyung carefully removed the shards of glass from Jungkook's hands while the latter sat on the counter of the bathroom. Jungkook was often wincing in pain, occasional tears sliding down his cheeks which were immediately kissed away by Taehyung. 

When the final transparent piece was dropped into the bin, Taehyung grabbed a bottle he had got out of the medicine cabinet and wetted a ball of cotton with the solution it contained. The older looked Jungkook.

"I need you to be a brave boy, okay baby?" Jungkook sniffled but nodded nonetheless. He clenched his eyes shut as he braced himself for the pain.

Taehyung gently dabbed the moistened thing on Jungkook's right hand, which made him immediately whimper in pain and try to remove his hand from his roommate's firm grip. After caressing his cheek with his free hand and praising the younger for being so brave, Taehyung proceeded to do the same thing with the left hand.

A couple of minutes later, Taehyung finished to wrap the bandage around the left hand. Jungkook made grabby hands towards the older, his doe eyes filled with unshed tears. Taehyung gladly accepted the request and wrapped his arms around his frame. The two of them stayed like this for a while, with Jungkook's face nuzzled into the crook of Taehyung's neck.

"Do you wanna go cuddle on the couch baby? You can pick a movie to watch." Jungkook hummed in agreement and whispered a small 'ok'. Taehyung slid his large hands under the little's bottom and told him to wrap his legs around his waist. 

With a bit of struggle, Taehyung managed to carry Jungkook to the living room. He gently put the younger on the couch before he settled beside him. 

"What do you wanna watch baby?" Jungkook raised his shoulders slightly and turned towards the older. 

"D-dunno. Kookie never see kiddie shows bwefore." Taehyung gaped at him in utter disbelief. Jungkook had never watch any tv shows or movies for children. When he saw that his roommate remained silent, Jungkook thought that he said something wrong.

"K-kookie sworry TaeTae, no be mad at Kookie plwease..." When he heard these words, Taehyung was quick to pull him in a hug, lifting Jungkook onto his lap to have him closer. 

"Hey don't worry baby, it's ok, you did nothing wrong." He said in a soft tone while he gently held the younger's chin to make him look at him, "Do you want TaeTae to choose the movie?" 

"Yes please."

One hour later, Jungkook was cuddled into Taehyung's side, totally immersed in what was happening on the TV screen. Taehyung had choose My neighbor Totoro, which was a personal favorite of his. He was still confused with what he had discovered earlier, and Taehyung was wondering what else had Jungkook missed during his childhood, if he had any at all. 

Taehyung played through Jungkook's soft hair absently while he scrolled down his phone, looking at new posts from his favorite artists he followed on instagram. Suddenly, he felt a tug on his shirt and turned to Jungkook, who was looking at him with sadness in his eyes.

"Does Taetae hate kookie?"

Taehyung was shocked at the question, but then realized that what happened two weeks ago and the incident earlier were probably the reasons why he asked this. A sad smile appeared on his lips.

"Of course not baby boy, I'm so sorry you feel this way. Taetae would never, ever hate you, ok?" Jungkook nodded silently and Taehyung planted a soft kiss on his head, making the younger blush. 

"Oh, is my little jungkookie shy?" he asked teasingly before he tickled Jungkook's side playfully. In reaction the little erupted into a fit of giggles, begging Taehyung to stop. The latter's heart almost bursted from the cuteness.  

The two of them watched the end of the movie, Jungkook sporting a content smile as he snuggled more into Taehyung's side. 

Eventually, it was time for them to go to sleep. 

 They did their night routine together, Taehyung subconsciously looking at Jungkook in the mirror to check that he brushed his teeth correctly since he was still in his headspace. When they got to Jungkook's room and saw that the younger was didn't want to leave his side, Taehyung smiled softly.

"Do you want me to put you to bed?" Jungkook quickly nodded in response, tugging at his sleeve and guiding him towards his wardrobe. He pulled open one of the drawers and frown at the sight of dull looking t-shirts. Taehyung figured his little mindset would've want brighter clothes to sleep in.

After a while though, Taehyung managed to find a pink shirt hidden in a corner. He helped Jungkook out of his clothes, trying to not let his eyes linger too long on his athletic form. Finally, Jungkook was dressed in the pink t-shirt as well as a pair of grey joggers. 

Taehyung helped Jungkook get settled on the bed before he pulled the covers over him. He didn't forget to give him his teddy bear, Jungkook saying a cute 'thwank you' in the process.

Soon after Taehyung wished the boy a goodnight and was about to exit the room when a soft whimper made him halt in his steps. He turned around and saw Jungkook looking at him with bright doe eyes glowing a bit through the darkness. 

"C-could TaeTae sleep with Kookie?" Taehyung was a little taken aback by the request, but nonetheless came back towards the younger. He asked him to move aside so he could have a place on the bed.

Taehyung once again pulled the cover over them, and he felt jungkook hugging him with his head laying onto his chest. The older couldn't help the warm feeling filling his chest, and he slowly closed eyes, drifting away into a deep sleep...

How do you think Jungkook's gonna react when he slip out of his headspace?

Thank you for those who are still supporting this story even though it has been a long time since I updated it. I hope you enjoy this new chapter, have a nice week!

XOX