TWENTY FIVE

The couple spent two more days at Taehyung's childhood home before they went back to Seoul to their own apartment. As much as Jungkook enjoyed meeting Taehyung's family, he was glad to be back home.

Not to mention he had an event to prepare. His boyfriend's birthday. 

Jungkook had decided to invite all their friends in the apartment to celebrate. It was quite simple, but Jungkook was convinced Taehyung would like it. 

The evening before the special day, Jungkook locked himself into the bathroom pretending he was taking a shower and called everyone to inform them of what he was planning. Luckily, they could all come.

Then, when he woke up the next morning, He made breakfast in bed for Taehyung. The older was really happy and thanked Jungkook with a sweet kiss. Later on, Yoongi came to to the apartment to go shopping with Taehyung. Jungkook had planned this, telling Yoongi to bring him back for five pm. 

And so with a short embrace and a loving kiss, Taehyung left with their friend, clueless about what would take place this evening. 

Jungkook didn't waste any time and started to decorate the apartment with balloons of different colors. He also made a banner written 'Happy Birthday Taehyung' on it. He decided to suspend it on the arch of the hallway. 

He got the small stool they kept in the bathroom and climbed on it to fix the banner. Despite being quite tall, Jungkook struggled to pin one end of the banner and leaned on the side of the stool to gain some space. 

Suddenly, the stool tipped to the side, sending Jungkook falling down on the hard wooden floor.  A loud thud was heard as he hit the ground, and a couple of seconds passed before he realized what had happened, pain shooting in his hip and the elbow he used to catch himself.

Jungkook began to cry as he was sent into his headspace. He managed to get into a seating position and hugged himself as he rocked back and forth. 

"Hurwts..." He sniffled as he sobbed silently into his folded arms. Then, his foggy mind remembered what he was supposed to be doing.

"Kookie h-has to mwake cake..." Tears continued to cascade down his cheeks while he stood up. He went to his little bedroom to get his Teddy Bear, hopping he could help with the cake. When he got back to the kitchen, he placed the plushie on the counter and put his finger to his chin, wondering what to do next.

His little self figured he would need lots of sugar, along with chocolate and maybe some flour. He approximately drop the ingredients inside a metallic bowl he managed to find, which resulted in him emptying the bag of chocolate chip. Most of the sugar ended up falling beside the bowl and Jungkook looked like a snowman because of the flour. 

After messily mixing everything together, Jungkook now had to bake what was supposed to be the cake. Having watched his caregiver opening the stove multiple times, Jungkook tried to imitate what he did. When he opened the oven, he put one of his hands subconsciously on the burners on top to put the cake mix in. Only, the buttons Jungkook had touched were turning on the hob, not the oven. 

Jungkook yelped in pain and hastily removed his hand, dropping the mix in the process. He fell onto his knees as he clutched his hand to his chest, sobs racking his body. He took a tentative look at his hand only to discover it was covered in blisters. Finally, he couldn't take it anymore.

"Dada!!" 

Jungkook had just called his Daddy, and he was now waiting for him to arrive. He hadn't moved from his spot on the floor, but he was now hugging his Teddy bear tightly to his chest. The little was still crying, but fortunately his sobs had died down. 

Jungkook was mad at himself. He was supposed to make his Daddy the bestest birthday party ever, but he had ruined everything. He lightly hit himself on the head with his fist.

"Stwupid, stwupid Kookie..." 

Just then, the front door opened to reveal a panicked Taehyung and an equally worried Yoongi. Taehyung immediately dropped his shopping bags on the ground and hurried over to his little boy. Jungkook made grabby hands towards him, and his caregiver gladly took him in his arms. He slowly rocked both of them back and forth as he rubbed the younger's back.

"What happened baby boy?" Jungkook sniffled as he showed his hand to his Daddy. Taehyung quietly gasped. 

"K-Kookie want to s-swurprised Daddy for his bwirthday, b-but Kookie rwuined e-everything!!" Taehyung shushed him and kissed the top of his head. In the corner of his eye, he saw the banner hanging above the archway and noticed the multiple balloons around the room. Yoongi also quietly pointed to the mess on the counters and the warm stove. 

"No baby, you didn't ruin anything. Daddy is so happy you did this for him." Jungkook shyly looked up, his eyes red and puffy from having cried for so much. 

"R-Rweally?" Taehyung grinned at him and ruffled his hair.

"Of course sweetheart. Daddy is so lucky to have you." After reassuring the little for a couple more minutes, Taehyung carried Jungkook to the bathroom where he tended to his wound. The caregiver also noticed the bruise on his elbow. That's when Jungkook told him how he had fell into his headspace. 

Yoongi had left to his own apartment, leaving the two some privacy for the remaining hours. Because, unknown to Taehyung, their friends were still coming this evening to celebrate his birthday. 

Indeed, Namjoon, Seokjin and Hoseok arrived first, closely followed by Yoongi and Jimin. Taehyung was genuinely surprised to see them, and kissed his baby boy when the latter told him he had planned this. 

After they had eaten, everyone participated in making a cake for Taehyung. Eventually, Jimin ended up slipping into little space, along with Hoseok. The littles all gathered in the living room to play with Jungkook's toys. 

Later in the evening, the caregivers joined them to watch a Disney movie, and so the little ones all cuddled with their respective boyfriends. 

Maybe the beginning of this day hadn't been perfect, but overall, that was all Taehyung could ever wish for. 

I kinda enjoyed writing this chapter ;) I hope you like it as much as I do! Also, I'm sorry if the end was rushed, but I felt like this wrapped up this chapter quite well. Leave a vote or comment your opinion if you did. Bah bye!

XOX