SIX

Taehyung sat in the meeting room of the fashion company he was working for, listening to one of his coworkers' idea. A portfolio was placed in front of him on the large table made of glass. It was filled with sketches of all different types of clothing, made with original patterns and bold colors, show casing the creativity of its owner. 

They were currently discussing about the upcoming fashion show that was taking place in a week. Stress was slowly gaining on Taehyung, since his boss was demanding he finished all his projects for the due date. (I'm sorry guys I don't know much about modeling )

An hour later, everyone was dismissed for the day, but Taehyung knew this only meant that he needed to continue working at home. 

He made a quick detour at his desk to grab some papers. Even though his job was ethic, he still managed to keep his workplace in order and everything was placed neatly on the white desk. 

A soft breeze blew through his hair as Taehyung stepped outside the building, spotting his car parked on the other side of the road. He let out a sigh while he started the engine before reversing on the road. During the drive to his apartment, Taehyung was quite distracted since he kept thinking about what his projects that needed to be done.

He barely noticed when he parked the car in its usual spot and slammed the door behind him. With his briefcase in hand, he began to climb the familiar stairs leading to the place he called home.

Taehyung sighed again when a gush of warm enveloped him, far different from the cold wind of fall. His light coat quickly became too much and he hanged it on hook fixed on the wall. His shoes also followed suite as he placed them on the carpet.

He didn't waste anytime and made his way to his bedroom, intending to spend at least an hour on his work. He shut the door behind him, and the apartment once again became silent.

Jungkook was almost becoming sick of the smell of coffee beans hanging in the air. Because despite what everyone thought, Jungkook had always hated coffee, even though he worked in a cafe. He started to regret the choice he made one year ago when he dropped his resume here.

But, he had to admit that his coworkers were great. They always made the day go faster, and before he knew it, it was time to go home.

Once again, he was reminded of this observation when he looked at the clock on the wall while he was making a cappuccino. His shift will end exactly in thirty-one minutes.

Indeed, when the clock stroke the five, Jungkook finished to serve the client in front of him and rushed to the back of restaurant to grab his things and go home. 

Approximately thirty minutes later, Jungkook was opening the door of the shared apartment. The warmth of the interior made him hummed in satisfaction as he passed the threshold. After dropping his bag on the ground and removing his shoes, he allowed himself to drink a glass of water after the long day he had.

In fact, with the assignments pilling up from university, the boy was constantly feeling stressed and drained. On top of all, it had been two weeks since the incident with Jimin and Taehyung and Jungkook were still not on speaking terms. He would be lying if he said that he didn't miss talking to his roommate. 

After pouring himself a cup of water, Jungkook took a shaky breath before bringing the glass to his lips. While he stood beside the kitchen table, he took a brief look at the numerous documents laying on its surface, which he could only assumed belonged to Taehyung, who probably forgot them there. 

Jungkook placed his glass of water on the table and pulled out a chair to sit on, but in the process he knocked over the glass of water, which rolled on its side and fell from the table, shattering on the floor. 

Jungkook watched in horror as the sheets slowly became soaked, ink smudging into incoherent words. He quickly grabbed a cloth that was laying on the counter and tried to dab the water, but the damaged was done. 

A sharp intake of breath made him slowly turn his head to the right. Taehyung was contemplating the scene before him, and Jungkook could see the anger roaring inside his dark orbs.

"You stupid idiot!! These were sketches for my upcoming work!!" The sudden yelling made Jungkook stumble backwards, making him fall on the floor. He yelped in pain as shards of glass sank into his hands. Taehyung pulled at his hair in frustration and kicked the garbage bin close by. However, his temper slowly died down when he heard harsh sobs coming from the boy in from of him.

Jungkook was sitting on the ground and had crawled away from Taehyung, his back pressed onto the cupboards of the kitchen and clutching his injured hands. Taehyung had a look of realization and took a step forward.

"Jungkook are you-" 

"Kookie s-sworry TaeTae!! K-kookie no meanie, K-kookie be a g-good boy!! N-no huwrt Kookie pleawse!!" The poor little boy curled up in a ball, sobs still racking his body while he trembled like a leaf. 

Taehyung was left speechless. How could he have missed the signs? The teddy bear, Jungkook sucking his thumb... 

But for now, he left these questions aside and focused his attention on Jungkook. He approached the boy gently not wanting to startle him more than he already was. 

"Kookie, baby, let me help you ok." Jungkook raised his head, his doe eyes glossy with tears and snot running down his nose. The sight broke Taehyung's heart.

When Taehyung was quite close to Jungkook, he extended his arms for the little to fall into. When he saw that Jungkook seemed unsure, he tried to beckon him closer.

"It's ok baby, I won't hurt you." It took only a second more of hesitation before Jungkook came forward to sink into Taehyung's embrace. Once again, the boy broke into sobs as he buried his face in the older's chest. The latter whispered sweet nothings while he rubbed his back in a shooting manner.

The two men stayed in this position for a while, as Jungkook's sounds of misery echoed in the apartment and Taehyung grew guilty as he listened to them. 

In that moment, Taehyung swore to himself he would take care of the younger from now on...

I know I'm supposed to have stopped writing stories, but I came back to look at them and I discovered this unfinished chapter, and well, this happened. I hope you enjoy it :)