EIGHT

Gradually, Jungkook woke up from what had been a dreamless sleep. His eyelids fluttered open as his brown orbs landed on the ceiling above his bed. It was only when his pillow shifted under his head that he realized something was off.

He looked beside him and immediately sat up as he realized he had been sleeping on Taehyung's chest with his arm draped across his waist. His cheeks slowly turned a deep shade of red.

As if on cue, Taehyung stirred awake. He turned his head to the side only to discover a very surprised Jungkook staring back at him.

"What are you doing in my bed?!" Taehyung rubbed his fists onto his eyes, trying to chase the sleep away.

"Ugh... It's a long story...", He stretched his arms above his head, "Why don't we eat breakfast first, hmm? Then I'll explain everything." 

'Explain everything?', thought Jungkook in confusion. As he set his hands on the mattress, he felt a sharp pain in his palms. That's when he saw that both of them were wrapped in bandages. He looked at taehyung with question marks in his eyes.

"Like I said, I'll explain everything later."

The two boys got out of bed and headed to the kitchen. Taehyung proposed that he made breakfast, and Jungkook didn't show any signs of objection, only thanking him in response. While he brushed his teeth in the bathroom, Jungkook was thinking about his roommate's odd behavior. 

He wondered why Taehyung was acting so kind to him, given that the older hadn't talked to him since the incident. When Jungkook tried to remember if anything special had happened last night, he found that he couldn't recall anything after he had arrived from work, apart from a few vague images of Taehyung looking mad. 

With apprehension pooling in his empty stomach, he walked back into the kitchen where two plates of eggs along with bacon had been set on the table. Taehyung was sitting in front of his, scrolling through his phone and probably waiting for him to arrive. 

When Jungkook sat down in front of his breakfast, Taehyung put his phone down and both of them started to eat in silence. The air between them was quite awkward with many things left unsaid, and Jungkook was eager to get to the bottom of this. 

Having finished his food for a while now, Jungkook was relived when Taehyung put his fork down at last. The older cleared his throat and raised his head to look at the boy in front of him. He knew he couldn't delay the inevitable any longer.

Taehyung began to tell him what happened last night from his point of view. Jungkook didn't utter a sound as he told him about his drenched sketches and how he had hurt his hands. Taehyung hesitated a bit to tell him what followed next, but he knew it wouldn't be fair to his roommate if he didn't continue his story. 

And so, he told him about how he fell into little space, begging Taehyung not to hate him. The latter thought that by now, Jungkook would've had some kind of reaction, but the younger remained emotionless. When he finished speaking, the room once again became silent as Jungkook processed what Taehyung had just told him.

"I-I fell into littlespace...?... And I acted like a kid...?" Jungkook put his head in his hands, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Jungkook, it's ok-" But Jungkook quickly interrupted him, raising onto his feet.

"You got me wrong all right! I'm not a freak who plays with toys and act like a baby all day! I'm an adult for fuck's sake!!" Taehyung's eyes widen in surprise at Jungkook's sudden outburst. 

"Jungkook! Wait!-" The door slammed shut, making the unspoken words die in his mouth.

A silent tear slid down Jungkook's cheek as he walked silently into the park. Some children were playing together on the playground, laughing and screaming in glee. 

Jungkook never got any of that when he was young. His mom and dad forced him to learn how to play the piano and he spent hours with a private teacher during the weekend. It's not like he was having difficulty at school, but his parents wanted him to have perfect grades, and Bs weren't good enough for them. 

He sat down on a bench under a tree and plugged his earphones in, listening to his favorite playlist. 

It felt like everything was falling apart, and he had no one to talk to. He didn't feel like he had a life, since his parents controlled his every move. Even if they were far away, deep inside of him Jungkook couldn't find it in himself to disobey them. He had been under their influence for too long.

Jungkook thought about what Taehyung had revealed to him. What would his parents say if they heard that their son was whining like a child?

And yet, when Jungkook woke up this morning, he hadn't been this happy in a long time. Perhaps the headspace he had fell in was the reason why. He wonder for a brief second if he could try it again, then quickly dismissed the idea. His parents would probably disown him

When Jungkook remembered that he hadn't finished one of assignment that was due for tomorrow, he raised from his sitting place and began to make his way back to the apartment. He was worried that Taehyung would bring the subject back, but decided to face the consequences.

He felt quite relieved when he saw that Taehyung had gone out. Without wasting any time, Jungkook drop his books on his desk and started to write down notes, forgetting all about his problems.

Hi everyone, hope you enjoy this chapter! Vote or comment your opinion if you did :)

Question: How old are you?

XOX