Last One - Act 2, Scene 2

Joe, Adele and Ethan now at the hospital in the waiting room. Demi is being tended to by hospital staff, Beau and Tara (Demi's mum) there with her.

Joe: This is all my fault.

Ethan: What? Dude it's not your fault what'd you mean?

Joe: If I hadn't of gone out there to speak to Dem then this wouldn't have happened. I shouldn't be here.

Adele: Joe, none of us could've known this was gonna happen. This isn't your fault.

Joe: I punched him first though. We fought because of me.

Adele: Beau hit you first Joe, we saw the whole thing unfold.

Ethan: Yeah, and you know what Dem is like, she'd try to stop you fighting regardless.

Joe: It should be me in that hospital bed, not her. Fucks sake, I shouldn't even be sitting here. I'll probably fuck something up again knowing me.

Adele: You won't Joe. This wasn't your fault.

Ethan: Yeah, no ones blaming you Joe.

Joe: Then why do I feel guilty?

Joe turns so he's not facing Adele and Ethan

An hour passes

Beau walks out into the waiting room to find Joe and the others. Joe is awake and bouncing his leg nervously. Adele and Ethan are asleep. Joe sees Beau and stands up, he wakes Adele and Ethan and they do the same.

Joe: Please tell me she's okay.

Beau: Yeah, she's awake now but they still don't know the full extent of her injuries.

Adele: Oh thank god.

Ethan: What do they think she's done?

Beau: Some sort of back injury and she's broken her wrist.

Adele: Back injury?

Beau: Yeah, Dem was complaining about her back hurting so she's being sent for x-rays and a load of tests to see what's wrong.

Ethan: But she'll be okay?

Beau: Yeah the doctors all think so.

Adele: Oh good. Thank god she's okay.

Joe zoned out while they were speaking

Ethan: (Nudges Joe) Dude, you good?

Joe: Yeah, yeah fine.

Ethan: You sure?

Joe: I'm fine.

A few days later...

Joe, Ethan and Adele had been going to see Demi every day since. Beau had distanced himself from the friends since his fight with Joe, however had distanced himself from Demi also.

All three meet in the car park outside the hospital

Adele: Did either of you get Dem anything?

Ethan: Nope. But I am hungry so we could go to the shop and get her something too?

Adele: Yeah okay. Joe, you go ahead and we'll be there in a bit.

Joe: Okay.

Adele and Ethan exit, Joe makes his way to Demi's hospital room 

Joe knocks on the door