Last One - Act 2, Scene 1

Act starts with Demi laying on the road unconscious as the car had just hit her. Adele, Joe, Ethan and Beau in shock. People from inside the café had come outside to see what was going on. Joe rushes over to Demi first, followed by Adele and Beau. Ethan went over but was on the phone to call an ambulance there.

Joe: DEMI!

Adele: Oh my god.

Ethan: Ambulance is on the way.

Beau is talking to the driver, Adele and Ethan talking to people outside

Beau: What the fuck is wrong with you! You just hit my girlfriend! You could've killed her!

Driver reverses and leaves

Beau: Oh fuck you then! Piece of fucking shit.

Joe kneeling on the floor by Demi holding her hand

Adele walks back over to Joe

Adele: How is she Joe? Joe?

Joe: (Crying and muttering to himself) Come on Dem, don't leave me. I love you so much, please just be okay. Please please please don't leave me.

Adele: Joe?

Adele puts her hand on Joe's shoulder

Adele: You okay Joe?

Joe: Yeah, yeah fine. She's err, still unconscious but I can feel her heart beating.

Joe starts to sob

Joe: This is all my fault.

Adele: Hey, hey, its not Joe, its not.

Adele crying now also and hugs Ethan

Joe gets up and hugs both of them

Beau goes back over to Demi to wait with her until the ambulance arrives

The ambulance arrives, police follow. They ask them what happened and get them to make a statement. Medics assess Demi's condition and prepare her to go in the ambulance. Also look at the cuts on Joe's face from the fight.

Joe: Can I come with her? Please?

Medic: Are you a relative or her partner?

Joe: No? But I-

Medic: You can't then, I'm sorry.

Beau: It's okay Joe, I'll be with her the whole time.

Ethan: She'll be okay dude.

Beau gets into the ambulance to go with Demi. Adele, Ethan and Joe look on as they drive away. Joe almost crying again and Ethan is hugging Adele as they watch them drive off.