18

"Seungbae..?" I whispered as I knocked on his bedroom door.

No response.

It's been almost 2 months since he was removed off the job for accusing Sangwoo of murder. It was really hard on him. He'd drink alot and wouldn't answer his phone calls he'd get from friends or Officer Lee.

He's just been cooped up in the house, doing nothing and I really wanted to be there for him but I wasn't sure how.

"Seungbae.. I made breakfast, please come and eat." I said softly. I could hear him, shuffling in bed on the other side of the door.

I stood there quietly, no movement or sound.

The door opened and I was immediately hit with an unpleasant odour. It was bearable but I had to cover my nose.

"How about about you wash up first..?" I asked, looking up at him as he towered over me.

He was about to go back into his room but I grabbed his wrist. "I get that you're down that you didn't put Sangwoo in jail, but the least you could do is take care of yourself...for me?" I said, letting go of his wrist.

He sighed quietly and headed into the bathroom and I followed him in there. I turned on the water to fill the bath for him, seeing that he was just staring at himself in the mirror.

"I'm sure things will work out for you in collecting the evidence you need to put Sangwoo under.." I mumbled but he heard me.

"Isn't he your friend? Why would you talk like that. You don't believe me do you?" He asked. "I'll be honest with you. Seeing what went down, kinda and you, losing your job because of it.. he's basically innocent until proven guilty. To me he's innocent because-"

"You're in love with him.." he said out of the blue. "Wh-what?"

"You refuse to see the bad side of him, because you're in love with him." He said, turning to me.

"That's not true. Sangwoo's never done anything to hurt me.. he's always been kind and maybe sometimes over protective.." I said as I dipped my hand into the bath to feel if it was hot enough.

"He was the one who told you to leave the station that day did he not? You think he was protecting you? No. He wanted you gone so you didn't have to listen to the bullshit and lies that was seeping through his teeth because he knew you'd see right through them."

I looked at Seungbae to see that he was gripping onto the sink tightly, glaring into the mirror. "That bastard.." he said.

I turned off the water, letting out a small sigh. "Maybe you're right. Maybe he did do it to save his own skin..but-"

"There is no but and you know that. He's a stone cold murderer and he doesn't care about anyone but himself." He said, taking off his shirt.

"Seungbae, I'm still in the bathroom.." I said as he took off his pants and socks. "Doesn't matter."

He pulled down his underwear. I got a glimpse of his v line before covering my eyes quickly. "Seungbae-"

I could only hear his movements since I completely covered my entire face in my hands. He made his way into the bath letting out a relaxed sigh. "It's steaming hot, but I like it.." he said.

I removed my hands from my face and looked at him, the heat rising in my cheeks. "Your cheeks are red, you look like a tomato." He said, leaning forward and placing a hand on my cheek, caressing it with his thumb.

I sat there quietly as he stared at me without saying a word. I pressed my lips lightly together as my heart was racing quickly.

He leaned in more, pulling me a bit to him, brushing his lips against mines. I quickly placed a hand on his chest and pushed him back gently.

"Seungbae, remember the day you told me you had eyes on a girl?" I asked and he nodded slowly. "I'm sorry but..I don't want you to lose feeling for her because of someone like me. She must be really pretty and I'm.. not.. so please-"

He pressed his lips onto mines and kissed me slowly. I melted into the kiss, giving in and kissing him back.

He slid his hands to my hips and I immediately pulled away from him, panting like crazy. I couldn't help but think of Bum's uncle, trying to have his way with me.

The thought brought tears to my eyes so I looked away from Seungbae, turning my back to him. "Are you okay..?" Seungbae asked as he reached out to touch my arm but I moved away. "I.. I'm sorry..I just.." I mumbled.

"Hey it's okay.. I won't hurt you and I won't push you to do anything. Sorry if I startled you.." he said, leaning back into the bath.

"I'll set out some clothes for you.." I said, getting up from where I sat.

Seungbae's POV

That was odd and quite unexpected. She was okay with kissing me but as soon a I touched her she freaked out. She was panting more than she should from just us kissing.

Something must've happened. She seems to be going through trauma from a past event possibly.

I quickly washed up in the bath and stepped out, drying myself off. She knocked on the door, her hands only to be seem as she held clothes in it.

"Thanks.." I said as I took the clothes and started to get dressed into it.

When I opened the door, she was still standing there, her head hung down. "Hm? You okay?" I asked.

She only leaned forward, resting her forehead onto my chest. "Please.. take more care of yourself. I want to see the old Seungbae come back but better! Happy, focused and appreciated." She said softly.

I wrapped my arms around her. I could feel her body go tense but she didn't fight to get out of my grip. "I won't hurt you." I said. She relaxed in seconds before fixing her position so that she could wrap her arms around my shoulders and accept my hug.

»»---------------------►