38

Ae-jun's pov

I sat in Seungbae's hospital room, holding his hand sightly. He was wide awake but hadn't say a single word yet which pissed me off. He was out for a good 24 hours but I didn't push him to speak. He must've was in alot of pain.

I looked up at the tv, seeing that the news was on so I turned it up a little bit so I could hear what the lady was saying.

"A sizable fire resulting from gas explosion has taken place in a resident neighborhood in Suwon, Gyeonggi province. The police, however, discovered a horrifying sight upon a thorough search of the home: A rotting corpse hidden behind the walls."

My eyes widened at the sudden news. All of this was about what happened last night and I was unsure of what to say at this point. Did Sangwoo really did this?!

"Mr. Oh, who was discovered at the crime scene, appears to have sealed his mother's corpse in his own bedroom wall an attempt to conceal the crime. Officers that discovered the body have firmly stated that Mr. Oh's mother is not his only victim."

The television suddenly turned off and I looked back to see that Seungbae had turned it off. "Are you feeling okay..?" I asked, turning my entire body to face him.

"Have you slept okay? I'm sorry you had to see all of this.." he said and I glared at him. "I'm not the one in the hospital bed this time, Seungbae.. why are you so worried about me when you're the one in trouble here.." I held his hand, staring at him.

"I'm fine, I'll be out by next week so there's nothing to worry about." I stared at him as he held that stupid smile on his face that I adored so much.

"There's something I need to tell you but before I do, here." I handed him an envelope that was from the police station.

"Open it for me.." he said and I did. I pulled out the paper from the envelope and opened it aswell before handing it over to him.

As he read through the paper, he smiled before looking at me. "I've gotten my job back.. and they want to give me a citizens award." he let out a sigh, his hand falling to his side. "That's amazing! I'm so proud of you.. I really am." I caressed his hair gently, smiling to his success.

"I want to kiss you so badly, wrap my arms around you, cradle and comfort you.." as he spoke my heart pound quicker to ever word he said. "You're quiet.. what is it you wanted to tell me?" He asked.

"I..um..Seungbae.." He smiled. "Go on."

"I'm pregnant..." I looked down away from his eyes that pierced into my soul. I was afraid, laying this all on him when he's been through so much already.

"Am I.. the father?" He asked. I looked up at him and smiled, nodding. He was already smiling at me which made me feel more confident about this whole situation. "I'm so happy.." he said, tears escaping his eyes. "Seungbae..I'm glad that you're okay with this.. the last time I mentioned I was, you-"

"Because it wasn't mines.." I looked at him, shocked at his reply. "I didn't want to take care of a child that belonged to a man who hurt you. A criminal and besides, if you were to get pregnant, I'd want the baby to have my blood." He placed his hand onto my cheek, wiping away the tears I didn't know was there.

"I love you, Ae-jun and nothing's going to change that.. nothing." He moved his hand before letting out a sigh.

I should let you get some sleep.." I said in a whisper. He moved over, patting the empty space next to him. "Join me." He whispered.

I didn't hesitate to climbed into the bed with him, cuddling him carefully.

-

The week had quickly went by and Seungbae was getting released today from the hospital. As I walked into his room, I was holding his uniform in my hand that I collected from the police station.

"Morning!" I said with a smile, happy to see that he was now back on his feet stronger than ever. "Oh hey, you got the uniform?" He asked and I nodded.

He walked over to me, wrapping his right arm around me, pulling me into a hug. Sadly his left arm was broken and in a cast. "I've long to hug you. Can't wait to use both arms." He whispered in my ear, leaving me flushed.

"Come on and get dressed or you'll be late when earning your ribbons!" I said, pulling away from him and hanging up his uniform.

"After the ceremony, I want to go and visit Mr. Yoon." He said and I nodded. "I haven't seen him since what happened. I've just been by your side the entire time. I feel so bad.." I mumbled.

"I'm sure he'll understand.." he said, taking off his clothes and getting dressed into his uniform.

Once he was finished, I took a good look at him, seeing how handsome he looked in his new uniform. "Damn.." I said, admiring every inch on his body. "What?" He looked up, slightly confused. "I'm just now realising that you're mines.." I could feel the blood rising to my cheeks as I said this.

"I am aren't I? Hehe..come." he kissed my head before walking out of the room with me following behind him.

-

After the ceremony, Seungbae and I headed back to the hospital to see Bum. I was quite nervous to see him but it would be good to know how he was doing.

"Knock, knock.." Seungbae said as he walked over to where Bum was and I was surprised to see Mi Kyong there sitting beside his bed.

I decided to ignore her presence and walk up beside Seungbae, looking over at Bum.

"How are you doing, Bum?" He asked him. "Seungbae... Ae-jun.." he responded, looking at the both of us.

"Ae-jun..?" Mi Kyong looked at me slightly shocked. "You must be the police man.. I'll leave you guys to talk.." she got up, brushing passed Seungbae and I.

"I'm sorry that I didn't come by any sooner, Bum. I've been at Seungbae's side the entire time.. I'm sorry." I said, walking up to the other side of the bed as Seungbae took a seat where Mi Kyong was sitting.

"It's okay Ae-jun." He smiled an innocent smile.

"You seem well, how have you been getting along?" Seungbae asked Bum.

"That uniform... Are you back on duty again?"

"I was given the good citizen award, then they reinstated me right away, funny isn't it? It's all thanks to you." Even though Seungbae held a small smile on his face towards Bum, Bum didn't look okay. He still seemed to be upset about something. Unhappy.

"Me? What did I do..?" Bum asked.

"I heard you told the firemen to search the house more carefully that day. If you hadn't, the crime wouldn't have come to light, and I'd probably be in prison, of course. It all just.. feels like a miracle." He said, looking at me.

"I'm gonna go and get some fresh air. I'll let you two talk things out. It was nice seeing you Bum, we'll talk more next time.." I stroke his hair gently before leaving the room.

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░░░░░░░▌