41

Ae-jun's pov

I stared at Bum as he lied there on the hospital bed asleep. It's been a couple of hours since I last spoken to Seungbae; I was worried.

He hasn't been answering any of my calls, and I've been calling him every minute. I had given up and decided it was best to just let him think about it.

I reached for Bum's hand, holding it slightly as I sat there, feeling the need to talk to him, but was that going to happen? Probably never.

Suddenly, his hand tightened around mines and he moved his head, turning it in my direction. He opened his eyes, which were blood shot.

"Bum, you're awake!" I leaned over to him, smiling. "I'm so glad you're okay.."

He stared at me blankly, nothing coming from him at all. "You must be real tired.. you should rest more.." I said but he shook his head.

I pressed the button above his head to call in the doctor to come and check on him now that he's awake. Few moments later the doctor came in to check up on him.

I had left the room because I needed some fresh air and I haven't eaten in hours, which made me a bit cranky.

"Ae-jun.."

I turned around, seeing Seungbae sitting there in the waiting area. I quickly walked over to him. "You came back.." I said, feeling the happiness inside me coming back.

"I should've expected this.. but at the same time, I shouldn't have cared if the baby wasn't mines or not, I just want to be with you.."

As I kneeled down infront of him, I could smell the alcohol on his breath. "You're drunk.." I whispered. "Just a little." He caressed my hair gently before pulling me up from my kneeling position. "You're all I want. You're all I need.." he whispered.

As much as he said this, I was scared he'd neglect the baby when he or she was born. If the baby was a boy and grew up to look alot more like Sangwoo than me, Seungbae..  would you still love him?

I pulled Seungbae's head onto my chest, stroking his hair gently. I deeply wish to have a girl.

He was crying on my chest but I didn't mind at all. He was broken and disappointed that the child wasn't going to be his.

-

A couple months had gone by and I was showing alot more! I was huge! Well my tummy of course.

Good news? I was having twins. The bad news? One was a boy.

Either way I woukd still love them both the same but I still feared that Seungbae wouldn't love the boy but I could be wrong.

"Jin-Ae and Jun-seo?" Seungbae questioned and I nodded to him. "I think those two names are perfect for them." I mumbled.

"What do you think, Bum?" Seungbae turned his attention to bum who was sat in a wheelchair. "I like it.." he said softly.

Few days ago we were told that Bum would never be able to use his legs again or his brain to full capacity like before but we were glad that he'd be okay. Everyday I'd visit him at the hospital and stayed for hours while Seungbae was at work but he sometimes visited or pass by to bring me food and have a little chat with Bum.

We never told Bum about our situation, we think if bringing up Sangwoo to him, it'll trigger him in some way so we decided not to, though he seems to forget things every now and then.

"Well I better head off back to work." Seungbae said, placing a kiss on my head. "Okay, I'll see you later." I smiled at him as he walked out.

"He's nice.." Bum said and I nodded. "He is isn't he?" I smiled.

"Sangwoo loved me like that.." he said which made my smile slowly go away. "Bum.."

"He loved me!" He shouted and my body tensed.

"Bum, please.. don't shout."

"You stole him away from me! You took him away.. you." He stared at me, his body trembling.

"I don't know what you're talking about.." I whispered. "I overheard the nurses talking.. you're with child, Sangwoo's child..." He said. My heart was pounding. I was lost for words.

"Bum-"

"Can you get me some water?" He asked. "Of course.." I got up slowly, waking my way over to the tiny fridge, pulling out a bottle of water, bringing it back over to him.

"Sangwoo.." he mumbled over and over before drinking the water.

"I think you should rest.."

He suddenly reached up, grabbing me by the neck with both hands. With alot of force I pulled back, tripping over and falling to the floor onto my back with him over me.

"B-Bum! S-stop!"

Even without being able to use his legs, he still had much strength to use his hands to choke me.

"H-help.." I tried to fight him off of me, crying for help, but I couldn't get him off.

"You took Sangwoo! You.. you took him!" He screamed. "That day.. you were the one crossing the road with him!"

I groaned, feeling a sharp pain in my stomach. Bum was suddenly pulled off of me as I laid there, gasping for air.

"Shit, her water broke.." I heard someone said as I was being picked up from the ground, tears escaping my eyes. "Quickly, get her to a room, call her fiance!"

Everything was muffled and all I could see were bright lights before everything slowly faded to black.

Seungbae's pov

"He what?!" I shouted in the middle of work. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at me.

"Seungbae?" Lee called out to me. I hung up the phone and got up quickly. "Ae-jun's going to give birth, it's only been 7 and a half months.."

"Go, she gonna need you." He said, throwing me my keys and I quickly ran out of the police station.

-

When I arrived at the hospital, a nurse took me to where Ae-jun was. I had to put on hospital wear and a mask to get in just to see her.

When I walked into the room, I rushed to her side, holding her hand. She was already in pain and screaming to get the baby out of her.

"You..you made it.." she cried, squeezing my hand. "It's okay I'm here. You got this.."

There were beads of sweat on her forehead as she closed her eyes tightly, pushing for dear life. I wiped the sweat away and smiled down at her.

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░░░░░░░▌