16

It's been about a week since I've been staying with Seungbae. He wasn't home often because he had work and he'd only return at night when I'm asleep.

He had a second room in his apartment and he was kind enough to clean it out just for me to use it. Upon staying here, I still gave him some money to help with rent. It would've been selfish of me not to help out with rent if I'll be staying with him.

I haven't heard from my brother during the week. He wouldn't really have anyway of contacting me because my phone was completely destroyed and no way of coming back from working.

--

A yawn escaped my lips as a sat up, looking around the room. "Hm..the time.." I turned my head to the clock to see that it was already 1pm. "Wow.. I've never slept in before.." I said as I got up, stretching my arms.

"Seungbae?" I called as I walked out of the room. "Not here.. obviously." I sighed and took off my clothes, grabbing a towel and making my way to the bathroom where I got myself cleaned up and fresh for the day.

"Let's see.. what is here to eat~" I said as I walked into the kitchen, drying my hair.

"Banana, banana... Bananas..apple" I furrowed my brows and opened up the cupboard. "He doesn't seem to shop often that's for sure.." I placed the towel into the basket in the laundry room and thought for a second.

"I should check up on Bum.. see how he's doing.." I said as I grabbed a banana and head for the door, slipping on my shoes.

»»---------------------►

I had made a stop at a store on the way to Sangwoo's house and brought myself a sandwich to eat once I got there.

I haven't seen them in a week and I felt guilty for not trying to contact them sooner. I've just been trying to keep a low profile.

I still did go to work but it were on nights Sangwoo didn't work at the bar.

When arriving at Sangwoo's house, I stopped in my tracks to see Sangwoo being dragged into a police car by a police officer. He looked to be unconscious aswell seeing that he wasn't fighting back.

I quickly ran over. "What's going on?!" I asked as he threw Sangwoo into the car.

"Hm? Ma'am please step back." He said. "I have the right to know what the hell is happening here and why are you throwing my friend into the back of your cruiser!" I glared at the man.

"Ae-jun.."

I looked over to see Seungbae sitting on the steps, he looked exhausted and his palm was bleeding. I rushed over to him. "What happened?! Why are you bleeding like this..?" I asked, looking at his palm.

"We got into a fight and he attacked with a knife. That's enough proof that he's a murder suspect in the case.." he said, staring down at the ground.

I pressed my lips together, not wanting to believe him in what he was saying about Sangwoo but if he really did do this-

"Ae-jun.." Seungbae said, catching my attention. "Hm?"

"You should head home.. things could get messy if you're to come back to the station with us." He said. I glared at him and stood up, balling my hands into a fist. "No. I won't go back home. I'm going to the station whether you like it or not."

I crossed my arms and hopped into the police car with the other police man.

He looked at me with a raised brow but I didn't bother to say a word to him. I looked in the back seat at Sangwoo, who's eyes opened slightly, looking at me for a split second before closing once again.

»»---------------------►

I sat down behind Sangwoo who was placed into the chair by Seungbae.

He had look like a complete mess. His nose was bloody and he was sweating alot. I felt bad for just sitting here and not standing up for Sangwoo. I didn't want to come off as bad to either sides so I just decided to keep my mouth shut while everything unfolded before me.

"Detective Lee will be coming with a witness soon." Seungbae said.

"Bum..." I whispered to myself as I stared down at my lap. "Ae-jun.." I looked up to see Sangwoo staring at me. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

He gave a small smile, nodding his head slowly. "When Bum arrives I need you to do me a favor." He said, staring at the floor. "What..?" I asked.

"Leave." He stared at me but the way he did, made my body froze where I sat. It was sinister and the aura that radiated off of him, I could feel it from here. It was threatening and dark.

"B-but, I want to be here.."

It felt like he was suffocating me with his glare, I looked away from his glare and noticed Bum was being brought into the station, blood dripping from his wrist.

"Detective Lee, that blood.." Seungbae started.

I got up making my way over to Bum, pushing the officer aside slightly and holding Bums hand. "Are you okay..? I'm sorry I didn't patch it up properly.. the force of the officer trying to restrain you must've opened the wound pretty badly.." I said, trembling where I stood.

The officer gripped onto Bum's shoulder, earning a glare from me and a sudden outburst from Sangwoo which scared me to death.

"LET GO!!" Sangwoo yelled. I looked at him, fear instantly coming over me, seeing the murderous look in his eyes.

That expression instantly changed to a worried look and his voice became more quiet but still loud. "Bum... Are you okay?! Your face is a mess! Did he do this to you?!" He tried to come closer to Bum but Seungbae stepped in his way, stopping him.

Sangwoo glared at me and I immediately understood what he was trying to tell me. I stepped back and looked down, ashamed.

I shouldn't be leaving Bum's side during something like this but if Sangwoo didn't want me to see or hear what was about to go down, it might be too much for me to handle so I did the cowardly thing anyone could do and exit the building.

I sat down outside on a bench and waited.

»»---------------------►