34

Sangwoo's pov

I was sat in the basement with Bum after almost choking him to death. I thought for sure after choking him he would've ran away but he stayed and cared about me.

I stared at the floor as he sat infront of me, asking me questions. "What can I do to make you feel better?" He asked. I kept silent. I could only think about seeing Ae-jun, feeling her warmth against my skin for comfort.

"Do you want me to go away?" Bum asked and I finally looked up at him. "If I knew how much I'd suffer, then we shouldn't have met in the first place.. if only I've killed you with that CEOs daughter then I.. wouldn't be in so much pain.." I mumbled to him.

He started to tear up in front of me, covering his mouth as tears poured from his eyes.

"Sangwoo? Bum?"

My eyes widen as I heard Ae-jun's voice upstairs. I quickly got up onto my feet and headed to the stairs, only to be grabbed my Bum.

"Don't go.." he whispered. I yanked my arm away from him and slowly made my way upstairs.

I looked to notice her shoes at the front of the door and turned my attention to the kitchen where she stood. "Ae-jun what brings you here?" I asked, curious as to what she wanted.

"Sorry, the door was unlocked and it's pouring outside, I decided to let myself in, if that's okay.." she said, smiling.

I missed that smile and it hasn't even been that long since I've last seen her.

"Sangwoo.. I may be stupid to think this of you but.." she moved her hair from her face and looked at me. The look in her eyes showed how scared and frightened she was to go on with what she needed to say.

She looked down at my wrapped feet. "Let's sit.." she said, walking into the living room. I followed behind her and sat down onto the couch with her.

Once we were both seated and comfortable, she looked at me. "Sangwoo, why.. why am I still here?" She asked. I was confused as to what she meant. "You brought yourself here Ae-jun." I responded.

"Why did you keep me?!" She asked, tears filling her eyes as she said this. "Why did I.. keep you?" I sighed, looking away from her gaze, still not understanding what she wanted to say. The poor girl was trembling where she sat.

"Alive.." she said and my eyes widened in shock. Does she know that I've been killing all of these people and want to know why I've spared her?

If she does know something, this won't end well and I don't even have the strength to kill her either.

"Ae-jun, what are you saying? You deserve to live like everyone else.." I said, playing the innocent route. "What makes me so different from those other girls.. if anything I'd expected to be the one to die too, I'm unattractive and-".

"Ae-jun, where are you going with this? Are you implying that I had something to do with that girl?" She looked up at me, frightened.

"Sangwoo, I don't want you to go away for something you didn't do.." she mumbled.

She thinks I'm innocent! This is good, I won't have to hurt her after all.

"But.." she started, catching my attention fully.

"But if you were to be the one.. who's doing all of this, why would I still be here, alive and breathing? Min Jieun was really beautiful compared to me. Why am I still here and not her?!"

"Well if I was this man that's been killing innocent girls I'd tell you that you're different. You're so special you have no idea how much it drives me insane just to keep you around and be there to protect you." I placed a hand on her thigh as she fell silent.

"Sangwoo.. I don't deserve to be alive. My life means nothing and Min Jieun and those other girls were going places-"

"Shut up! Do you even hear yourself?! How selfish can you be..?”

Ae-jun's pov

I took a glance at Sangwoo to see that he was staring at me with tears in his eyes. Sangwoo, crying? Were they fake or real? I couldn't stand the fact that I didn't know if he was being genuine anymore.

Before I could respond to him, there was the sound of the door bell ringing. He stood up, letting out a sigh and making his way to the door. He looked into the peephole and suddenly ran up the stairs quickly.

As he came back down, his hand was in his pocket. "Is everything okay? Who is it?" I asked.

"Go home." He said. "What? No way, why should I go home..?" I asked. He gave me a sinister glare before opening the front door to reveal Chief Kwak.

"What brings you here?" Sangwoo asked the man who glanced at me and I knew this was something private he needed to talk about.

"I.. I'm gonna get going. I'll see you later, Sangwoo. It was nice seeing you, Chief Kwak." I walked down at the gates but before I left completely, I looked back over to Sangwoo before leaving.

-

It's been a couple of days ever since I visited Sangwoo. It's strange that Bum wasn't there, but maybe he wasn't home at that time.

The dat I visited Sangwoo, in the evening he texted telling me that Chief Kwak left soon after I did and he wanted me to come back so that we could finish our conversation but I never responded. Seungbae had took my phone away anytime Sangwoo would text me, which sucked but I knew he was only looking out for me.

"You know, you need to stop smoking, I hate when you smell like it." I said as we were standing on the balcony together.

"I know but I'm kinda stressed here." Seungbae responded tiredly. He then accidentally dropped his cigar over the balcony. "Dammit... I hope the place doesn't burn down." He said before turning away and heading inside.

"If a fire starts, I'm tying you to the table and leaving you to suffer." I said as I followed him inside.

He leaned down next to his bed, grabbing his phone from off of the floor. He was looking at the screen and I took a look as well, seeing that he had alot of missed calls from one of his co-worker at the station.

"I think you should answer when he calls again. Could be something important." I mumbled as I sat on the bed.

He brought the phone up to his ear and I could hear him being yelled at. He held an annoyed expression on his face but that soon changed into a shocked expression.

The news he had gotten, was devastating.

»»---------------------►