one

THREE YEARS LATER

Amanda

"Mama!"

"Yes, sweetie?" I asked, turning to my three year old daughter Josie.

"Mr. Wiggles is dancing!" She giggled, flinging her stuffed panda around on the floor.

"Mr. Wiggles is a very good dancer." I told her and she grinned at me.

"Well Mr. Wiggles definitely got his moves from me," My boyfriend Jack announced from behind us.

"No he didn't, silly." Josie laughed as Jack picked her up from behind and started to tickle her.

"Alright missy, it's bed time." I told them and Josie ran to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

"Can we have bed time, too?" Jack questioned, wrapping his arms around my waist. "If you know what I mean..." he trailed off, and I laughed giving him a kiss.

"I have to study tonight." I whispered, giving him another kiss on the cheek. "Finals are next week."

"Fuck, don't remind me," he groaned, taking a seat on the couch.

"At least we're almost done though, right?" I asked, and he nodded. "In a few weeks we'll be graduated and you'll be on your way to being the best dentist in all of Philadelphia!" I exclaimed and he chuckled.

"We'll see about that," he smirked, pulling me down onto his lap. "But you are going to be the most bad-ass real estate agent ever, I can feel it."

I leaned in to kiss him again, this time taking my time, and savoring every second.

I never got tired of kissing Jack.

"Mommy!" A voice exclaimed from behind us and we broke away to see Josie, her face scrunched up in disgust.

I laughed at her and swept her up into my arms.

"Let's get you to bed, big girl."

-
Harry

"It looks like Whitney has strep throat, so I'm going to prescribe some medication to help with the pain and symptoms, okay?" I told my patient's mother at my office and she nodded.

"Thank you, Dr. Styles." She said, grabbing onto 6-year old Whitney's small hand.

She signed out with Sarah at the front desk, and they began to walk out of the office.

"Feel better, Whitney." I waved to her and she gave me a small smile back and started to cough.

As the door closed behind them I breathed a sigh of relief.

Last patient for the day.

I was just packing up my stuff when I got a call from Amanda.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Harry." She breathed on the other end. "Just wanted to remind you about Josie's dance recital tomorrow night."

"Of course," I said. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"She's been dying to show you all of the moves she's learned in ballet." She informed me, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Well, I can't wait to see them."

After a few minutes of catching up, we said our goodbyes and I sighed.

The system that Amanda and I created worked.

She had Josie during the week, and I had her on weekends. Amanda was taking morning classes so that she could watch Josie for the rest of the day and night, while Jack took evening classes.

Even though the two of them were still only thirty minutes away, I wished they were closer.

And... to be quite honest, I wasn't entirely over Amanda.

I know I should be by now, because it's been three years, but a part of me just couldn't move on.

But I knew that I needed to. Amanda and Jack are perfectly happy together, and I couldn't mess that up, no matter how much I wanted to.

On my way home, I drove past the park, spotting a family of five having a picnic. The three kids were playing frisbee as their parents sat on a blanket, chatting away.

It took me years to realize it, but I knew that's what I wanted.

Someday, if it was possible.

I pulled into my driveway and made my way into my empty house, shutting the door behind me.

--

Ah first chapter!

Same characters from the first book, except for one ;) also just giving a refresher

If you haven't read 'Play Doctor' I highly recommend you do so, so everything makes sense!

Also this book is going to be shorter than the first ^

-Mel