prissy andrews

being prissy's friend was amazing but i hoped for more.

but what stopped me from confessing my feelings was her relationship with our teacher.

mr. phillips

i only found out after i was seeking help for classwork, thinking maybe the teacher could provide that help. since prissy always seemed to be busy with whatever she's been doing lately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i make my way to where i saw mr. phillips heading. i stand in front of the door wondering if i should take the risk of opening the door. i slowly grasp the knob in hand and turn it. when the door is wide open i step inside and i see both mr. phillips and prissy standing near each other.

too close

they part once they see me, "i'm sorry is this a bad time?" i ask as the two awkwardly stare at one another. i take a step towards the opening, feeling indifferent about the whole situation, just about ready to leave.

what is going on?

"what is it that you need y/n?" the teacher questions me as he finally meets my eyes. "nothing, i just came to ask you something, but it seems that i've forgotten what it was." i lie as the words easily slip through my mouth. i open the door once again to leave the supply room, leaving them both. "wait." i hear prissy say as she follows behind. i speed up my pace and grab my belongings from the back of the room. before i can leave the schoolhouse, a hand grabs onto me and pulls me back.

"why didn't you wait for me?"

"it seems like you had other plans," i say mentioning the encounter i had with her and the teacher. "it's not what it looks like."

"well it looks like you're getting pretty close with the teacher, what is he like fifty." i say as i whisper the last few words not wanting mr. phillips to hear if he's nearby. "hes not that old."

"all i'm saying is that he's old, and your young prissy. a student nonetheless, shouldn't be meddling about with their teacher."

"fine it is exactly what it looks like, but you can't tell anyone about this, promise me?" she takes out her pinky finger as i take a second and stare at it. i look back into her eyes and immediately give in. "i promise."

just the thought of them together breaks my heart. hopefully he doesn't break hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the lesson soon comes to an end as i turn to face prissy. "are you going to see him during recess?" i ask the blonde seeing her face turn pink. i feel her nudge me as she tells me to lower my voice. "i guess i'll be with y/f/n while you go with your prince charming." i tease as the class is dismissed for break.

"alright i'll see you later." she walks off into the supply room where she occasionally meets up with mr. phillips. i turn to find y/f/n and see her near the window. i quickly stand up and walk over to my stuff grabbing some food.

"hey." i say pulling out some snacks to share. "oh hi. i'm surprised your not glued to prissy yet."

"why would you say that?" i say laughing it off, not wanting to make a big deal out of it. "look y/n i know you like her." she whispers and i freeze, too shocked by the sudden revelation. i come back to my senses and face her wide eyed, "you can not tell anyone." i say scared of anyone ever finding out, especially prissy.

"don't worry i've known for a while now, and i'm your friend." i let out a sigh as i calm down at her words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~