jerry baynard

i make my way to anne's as i see jerry closing the gate. "hi jerry." i say as he opens up the gate again. i walk up to anne only to see her in the barn. "hi anne how are you doing today?"

"what's got you all happy?" she asks as she sees my wide smile. "i don't know i just feel like today's going to be a great day." i answer her full of happiness. "well i'm glad your happy," she says as she pulls me in a hug. i hug back until jerry appears. "hi jerry." i say once again as i feel the warmth spreading across my face as i make eye contact with him.

"hi y/n, anne c-can i talk to you? i need advice. it's about my girl." he asks as he helps anne with the horse.

"should i leave?" i ask, not wanting to intrude on their conversation, as i feel my heart sink at his words.

he has a girl?

"no it's alright you can stay. maybe you can help me too," he assures me. i step back not to get in the way of their work, wondering who his possible girl is.

"your ... girl? you ... you have a girl?" anne asks shock plastered on her features. funny, i thought she of all people would know.

"so...everything has been good. umm... i like her so much. we walk together, we read the same book. we've kissed." jerry says.

"jerry." anne says "how surprising?" she asks speaking my thoughts but laughs it off.

"no, it's confusing because... she seems to like the kissing part, but not the part where we talk."
jerry continues.

"oh, i..."

"it makes me feel like i'm not good enough and i... i guess that's true. she's rich, i'm poor, so how could she ever really like me?" jerry says as he explains his issue, and i feel a tug at my heart.

how can a girl mess with his feelings? and how can someone not like jerry?

"jerry, stop. in matters of the heart, money should be of no importance. i have never heard you humble yourself like this." anne says trying to help jerry. i debate on whether or not i shouldn't speak up, "it sounds like she's degrading you." i say, "frankly, she doesn't sound like a very nice person." anne adds agreeing with me.

"but... diana's your best friend." jerry says as he looks confused we would talk bad about diana.

"diana? you and diana?" i ask.

"so she didn't even tell you. you see? she's ashamed to be with me?"

and to think i trusted diana. to tell her i liked jerry, and she comes and does this to the both of us.

along with diana, anne knew of my feelings for jerry. i could feel her eyes fixated on me as i stare at the ground. avoiding possible eye contact with either of them. "i'm sorry i don't think i can help." with that i leave them both to think about the situation. "i'll come by early tomorrow morning to help." i say directing it to anne as she just nods. i leave them both be as they think about the problem.

i don't bother to go to diana's house, as i do everyday, feeling her betrayal finally get to me. i dismiss the thought, making slow steps to my house. not so eager to be around people.

i guess my day is ruined, it's not going to be a great day. i think about where to go, the need for comfort and company getting to me. gilbert's always there he's one of my best friends.

changing my route i arrive at gilbert's house. i see bash right when i knock on the door. "y/n, what are you doing here?"

"nice time see you too bash. i came to see gilbert." i reply glancing at the baby in his arms. i smile in adoration at delphine. i look up at the man and see him smiling down at her. "well come in." he steps aside as he turns to leave. "goodbye." i say watching him leave to wherever. i look around the house searching for the boy until i have no choice but to go outside and look for him there.