Chapter 22

Christina

"Alright, are we set?" I swung the bag over my shoulders and faced Teo.

"I guess we are." He smiled faintly.

I tried to smile back but I couldn't so instead I turned away.

"Hey, remember this is temporary, and we're going to travel the world."

"Yeah. I think it's just the idea of her being born during this that makes it hard."

"Nah, babe she's going to be a super spy. She's going to be up and ready for any little idiot that screws with her, she'll be ok. You'll be ok." he came up behind me and put his hand on my belly.

"I love you."

"And I you, let's go."

"Let's go." I confirmed what he said and we walked out of my hospital room.

With Teo behind me, I felt safe, I didn't want to admit it, but if he hadn't chosen to come with me I wouldn't be doing this. I would be crying and weak.

I took a deep breath as Teo opened the door for me, I smiled at him and once we were outside of the building I let the air out.

"Damn."

"What?"

"You're a hot pregnant woman." he smirked and then looked at the street and waved for a taxi to pick us up.

A yellow vehicle with an old man in it stopped and we got in the car.

"The airport please."

The man nodded and started driving.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"The airport Dumbo." Teo replied.

"No, I meant like after that."

"I know, were going to Florida." He smiled and put his arm around me.

"Nice." I looked up at him.

He pecked my forehead and then rested his head on my shoulder.

"You're the bæ," he said quietly.

I laughed, "Oh shut the hell up Teo."

---

Arriving at night isn't really the best thing ever, if not it's the worst.

All I can say is damn this city never sleeps.

"Do you have a reservation?" The lady at the front desk of a motel titled, "Out & In" questioned.

"Yes, we do, reservations under Morgan."

"First name?" She looked up at Teo.

I looked away at the windows, the light from outside shot in bright creating a soft white glow on the streets.

"All done. Thank you, here are the keys to room 129."

"Thanks." I felt Teo's eyes turn to me as he walked closer and reached for my hand pulling it up against his lips and kissing it softly.

"You ok?" I turned to him and nodded softly.

His eyes pierced into mine and he smiled. Then he leaned in and kissed me gently.

Another receptionist walked in and headed over to the computer next to the woman who had helped us.

As we walked away I swore to myself that I heard one of them whisper, "Relationship goals."

My point was proven when Teo chuckled and shook his head. Then I smiled to myself and turned to him, he looked down at me and I pecked his lips then I looked back at the elevator as it opened.