Chapter 19

Teo

She lay there without moving.

She took breaths so small that you couldn't even see her chest rise.

This obliviously wasn't healthy for a child.

But at least, she was ok.

"Hey, beautiful it's been a week and two days since I last saw your eyes." I paused.

"I hope you're keeping the baby company, I know it's ok."

I waited for her to wake up or to do something but she didn't.

"I miss you so damn much. And it messes me up that I can't feel you here. I don't know where you are, or if you're ok which just makes my brain flop ok I can feel it growing old and dying."

I took her hand in mine and started warming up her fingers.

"You're fingers are more attractive than me."

I kept her hand in mine and just looked at her for the next couple of hours until Connor called me and told me that they could tell us who did this.

--

"I'm here."

Connors glanced at me then back at the papers lying in front of him.

"It was exactly who we thought it was, but the causes of what happened to her are still confusing. I don't understand how he made this happen." He explained.

A man that sat behind a desk spoke, "There were no signs of forced entry so we've changed the locks, any idea how Trevor Polian got that key?"

"Not at all," I responded, "where's Emily?"

"She's with the movers."

"Ok."

The man spoke again, "would you be interested in moving after this incident?"

"No, I'm sure we'll be fine."

"Ok."

He typed something into his computer and kept working on his papers while Connor and I dig through information.

"Maybe he gave her some kind of pill or something."

"I don't know what that idiot did, but why would it give him a reason to kill himself."

"I don't know," Connor, said he was clearly confused.

--

I started back to the hospital at 10:49 and got there at 11:03

I went up to her room and saw her lying there still motionless.

The beeping nearby had no effect on me.

I'd gotten used to it.

I checked the clock again, 11:11

I looked back at her.

"It's 11:11 and my only wish is you," I whispered as I kissed her forehead and sat down on the couch.

Aftera while, I drifted off to sleep.