Chapter 34

"Tina! It's been too long." Teo's mom greeted me as I kindly smiled and tried my best to look presentable for her.

"I know Mrs. Halm that's kind of why I stopped by." She seemed a little taken aback whilst she looked behind me realizing that Teo wasn't here with me.

"Oh, no Teo," She started, obviously faking a smile. The light that had once been n her eyes when she greeted me had completely left them, "I've been thinking about him a lot lately. He never calls anymore."

"Yeah, I know, and he kind of has his reasons for that." I stopped and looked around then back at her, "And that's kind of the second reason I'm here." I said as I brought Penelope back up on my arms because she seemed to be slipping.

Mrs. Halm finally seemed to notice that I had a child in my arms.

"Um, if you don't mind me asking," She said nervously as she slightly chuckled, "Whose kid is that?"

I took a deep shaky breath as I answered her question. "Mine."

She shook her head, "So you've been having an affair with others whilst with my son?" She looked a little shocked.

"No mam." I answered truthfully and looked back at Penelope, "She's also Teo's."

"What?" She crooked her head a little as she looked a little angry.

"Teo never told you did he?" I let out a sigh, "I knew he didn't, I just wanted you to know that-"

"No. I don't need to know anything about you, where is my son?" She demanded to look a lot angrier which took me aback.

"H-he's away." I stood a little taller trying my best not to look intimidated.

"Away where? Where is he you, foolish girl?" She said a little louder this time.

Suddenly another woman appeared at the doorframe by the next room, I immediately recognized her.

"India!" I let out a breath in relief as I saw her smile at me and at Penelope.

"Tina! This is the baby girl Teo has been telling me about!" She walked quickly over to us as she now stood in front of me and smiled into Pens eyes.

"She's gorgeous!" She exclaimed as she looked back up at me with tears in her eyes.

"What the hell, India you knew about this?" Her mother questioned.

India turned around slowly, "Yeah because I actually care about what's going on in my brother's life." Her mother stared into her eyes, she was furious.

"Wait, you've been in contact with Teo too?" I asked excited to hear if she had been.

"Yeah! He calls me often and tells me how he's doing, he just won't tell me where he's at." She responded calmly.

"Same here." I nodded as Teo's mom looked at us as if we were crazy.

"Mom, just cook something! Do something else! Tina and I are going out for a while, and if you can start respecting her I'll decide to tell you what's going on."

"No, I have to come with you!" She said frustratingly.

"Actually, you don't" India responded as she led me out of the house.

She closed the door behind her, which made me feel somewhat safer.

"I'm so sorry for her, I think she's going little nuts." India laughs.

I try my best to chuckle with her but I can't find much strength to.

"She just needs some love," I respond as I look down at Penelope and softly kissed her forehead.

"Before we head out because I plan on taking you out for some coffee," India pointed out then continued, "Let me see that beautiful girl," She said reaching out for Penelope with the widest smile I'd ever seen on her.