Chapter 30

Christina

"Where are you?" I whispered into the phone as the light turned green announcing that I should keep the car moving.

"I'm hurt." He winched making me oh my god quietly.

"What's wrong?" I questioned pulling over to the side of the road and putting the phone on speaker.

"I don't know, I just had to protect you and Prudence, then I came here and I finally escaped." Teo's voice brought tears to my eyes he sounded in pain.

"Call the cops, do anything, please stay safe! Where the hell are you?" I furrowed my forehead and bit my lip as I waited for him to respond.

There was some shuffling and then he whispered "oh God."

"What's wrong? Teo where the hell are you and where's your phone." I nearly scream into the phone I was holding.

There was a long pause before I heard his voice again, "Tina baby, I'm ok, I just need to take care of myself right now." I nodded knowing that he couldn't see me, "hey are you crying?" He questioned. I finally realized that I had been crying.

"I'm sorry I just need you here with me." I started, "I'm so glad you called, but I need to know where you are."

"I can't put you in danger, Tina, I need you safe." He implied.

"For Gods sake Teo I can't live without you, where the hell are you?" I confessed.

He sighed, "I can't tell you where I am exactly, but all you need to know is that I love you and Penelope, keep her safe, I'll be home soon." He spoke quickly.

"Don't go, Teo, I need you." I insisted as tears streamed down my face.

"I love you," He responded.

"No, don't you dare, Teo plea-" the phone being hung up cut me off. I dropped the phone on my lap and pushed the tears from my face with my hands.

My heart was still racing from what had just happened and my head hurt a hell load.

After about twenty minutes I was stable enough to continue driving.

I climb out of my car and walked quickly into my apartment heading over to Emily's just to pick Penelope up.

"Em?" I questioned as I knocked on the door and got no response.

A little time passed before the door swung open to reveal Emily with a messy bun almost off her head holding Penelope in her hands.

"Here, where did you go?" She said passing the child into my arms. Her warmness fulfilled me.

"I went to a little place me and Teo used to go to, he called."

"He what?" She almost screams as she pulled me inside her apartment. It was a little smaller than ours but it was perfect, because mine had a little extra room for her and Connor had left.

All of a sudden Connor stepped out from a door with a duffel bag over his shoulder and his phone in his hand, I looked at him questionably.

"I'm going somewhere, I'll be back in a couple of days," He muttered as I quickly greeted him with a small hug still holding Penelope in one arm.

"What?" Emily shot as she looked at him surprised.

"I need to go do something." He kissed her forehead softly.

"No, you don't." She snatched his hand.

Connor stopped abruptly and stared at us with wide eyes.

"Not until you tell me where you're going," she continued looking sternly into his eyes.

He sighed, "Teo called," He revealed, "he needs help and I'm willing to help him."

I nearly dropped Penelope, "He called you too? What did he say, where is he?" I spoke quickly.

"Not here and obviously not safe." He shook his arm out of Emily's grip and pushed the bag up his shoulder.

"But where is he, can I come with you, what the hell happened?" I asked all at once.

"Calm down Tina, he's somewhere in Florida, you can't come with me back-"

"Why?" I cut him off.

He sighed and continued, "it's not safe and you have a baby," he said looking down at Penelope.

I nodded and motioned for him to continue as I realized that there was no one to take care of Pen except me.

"And he said he'd explain what happened once I was there with him." Emily put her hand on his arm.

"Ok, please be safe, and call in a couple times a day ok?" She requested softly.

He nodded and once again kissed her forehead as they said I love you, and he left.

"Hey Tina it's going to be ok, I promise." Emily's warm voice surrounded me.

"Now, I have to get to bed because I have quite a lot of things to do tomorrow, first leave Liam at the babysitters then get to work so, if you'd like you can stay over." She suggested.

I realized that I didn't even know her baby's name, Liam. I was so focused on my own life that my best friend had a baby called Liam and I hadn't known.

"Can I see Liam?" I spoke while looking straight at her, my hands hurt from carrying Penelope.

"Yeah, sure," She smiled, "Just saying, he might be asleep."

I nodded and I yawned a little, she led me towards the second room to our left and slowly opened the door. As we got closer to the crib I could see a baby boy, he was incredibly gorgeous.

"Emily he's gorgeous," I spoke in awe.

"I know, I love him, and the best part is that deep down he doesn't remind me of that disgusting guy he reminds me of Connor." She said happily making me smile.

"Hey, I'm going to get going." I snapped out of it and broke my stare.

"You sure?" She said furrowing her brows, "You can sleep over," she suggested once again.

"No it's fine, I have some things I need to take care of." I said reassuringly, then I quickly gave her a hug and a kiss and she let me out.

I looked down at the baby in my hands, sound asleep. I smiled at its beauty as I unlocked the door.

I headed into the room, which belonged to Penelope and put her down and softly kisses her small face.

Then I headed into the kitchen and made a large list of the things I had to buy since I obviously needed to start caring for Penelope and me.

Suddenly my phone started buzzing; I glanced at the contact name, which read, "unknown."

My hand reached quickly to slide it so I could answer the call.

"Teo?" I said as soon as the phone was on speaker.

"Hey," Teo spoke weakly.

"Holy crap, what the hell is wrong with you?" I questioned shamelessly.

He chuckled quietly, "I'm doing fine."

The line was quiet for a while.

His voice was weak but he managed to say, "I want to go home." making my face fall.