A loud almost, but not quite, alpha like raw echoed around us and just as my vision cleared I saw the Berserkers running off after it. It must have been Kate. Derek stood with his back towards us. As everyone begun to recover we all slowly pulled ourselves to our feet like a bunch of bruised 80 year old.

“Derek?” Scott asked as he helped me up.

Derek slowly turned around to face us looking like his old self. There was stubble, twice as much muscle, he’d grown about a foot and that brooding look was back, but then I remember his eyes right before my vision blurred and as if reading my mind Derek let them glow again. They weren’t his normal vibrant steel blue colour. They were a luminous gold, like Scott’s used to be or what Isaac’s were.

And he seemed just as confused as the rest of us.

At first I didn’t move, or I couldn’t, but eventually I managed to sum up the strength to run and hug him. He was out of breath and probably just as bruised and saw as we were, but he still hugged back. He didn’t hold on long though before pushing me back to look at the wound.

“It’s fine, it’s healing. What happened to…”

“I don’t know.” He shook his head before I could finish. “I don’t know how Kate did it and I don’t know why my eyes have changed.”

“How do you know they changed?” Malia asked.

“I can feel it.” He said.

“Come on, we have to find Peter and Lydia and Stiles would be here by now. Oh and Derek?”

“Mmm?” I punched his arm. “OW!”

“That’s for not telling me you spoke Spanish.”

“It never came up.” He shrugged. I rolled my eyes and walked past him, trying to find Peter’s scent.

It wasn’t long, with Derek’s help, before we found the vault. Lydia and Stiles came up the stair just as we were about to go down. They both looked at Derek, but saved their questioned for later. “Peter’s down there, Kate’s gone.” Lydia explained.

I was about to walk down the stairs before I stopped upon seeing Stiles’ bat. “Stiles…”

“It’s all I have! You have claws, I have my bat!”

“Stiles… I’m saying this because I care. Your first bat you broke over the head of an alpha werewolf and only pissed it off… your second bat was magnetised through electric currents that got you possessed by an evil Nogitsune that tried to kill everyone. Please, I’m begging you… find something else. Maybe Argent left behind a lightsaber.”

“Come on.” Derek muttered as he began his way down the stairs.

“Only Derek and Anna should go down there. Peter isn’t exactly in the best mood. We’ll explain everything.” Lydia said to the others. I looked at her sceptically, but then followed Derek.

“Peter?” I asked at the bottom of the stairs.

“They took it… they took it while I was blinded. It’s gone, it’s all gone. All of it.” He was muttering. I looked at Derek he looked back at me and shrugged. “Why dies he look like he just lost a child?” I whispered over to Derek.

“He was robbed.” Derek said, nodding to an open and empty safe. “That’s where Peter kept his inheritance from the fire. They took all of his bonds.”

“It was never, never about the triskalion.” Peter kept going on.

“How much did they take?” I asked, still looking at a very distraught and traumatised Peter.

“137.” Derek answered. (I know its 117, Anna is another character for the list so there needs to be more money).

“Thousand?” I asked. Peter’s head snapped back at me and he shook his head.

“Million.” He managed to spit out.

“M-million?” I stuttered. “MILLION?” I yelled at Derek this time. He went a little wide and then went to say something. “Don’t you dare say ‘it never came up,’ mister.”

“I’m unemployed, I drove a Camaro and I own the entire loft building… that wasn’t a clue.”

“YOU OWN THE BUILDING?!”

“Okay, so I think it’s time to go.” Derek said. “Peter, come on.” Derek said before heading for the stairs.

“They took it all.” Peter muttered yet again.

I walked over to him and grabbed his arm, “I know, it’s okay. Derek owns a building, you can stay with him if worst comes to worse.”