DCoAS

Hey guys, please VOTE and COMMENT. Happy Reading. 🤗💋

"Umma?" Halima weakly replied Jariyah. "Can i take it back to Harry Potter now?" She nodded and sighed back into the chair in tiredness. It seemed like the universe was against them.

"Umma. My hair." Halima gathered energy from a reserve she didn't know she had and continued to plait Lubna's hair, but her mind was not in it. She dipped her finger into a container of rose oil mixed with melted Shea butter and aloe vera oil and swiped down the line she had made. Then she began the complicated twisting of making a zig-zag cornrow.

About an hour later, she was done and went to wash her hands in the kitchen, she looked outside the large windows that poured in sunlight and saw that Jamal was stepping out of his car and collecting his briefcase. Halima could not find it in her to be excited, instead she brought out the ice-pop tray she had promised the girls if they sat still throughout their hair dressing.

She walked into the living room with it and dropped it on the coffee table. Jamal was trying to walk in with his girls hanging unto him. He asked for some help with his eyes but she sat on the high ottoman and laughed at him instead. It was beautiful to watch him with his girls.

"Daddy! See my hair?" Jamal finally cracked and dropped his briefcase on the floor to look at Lubna's hair. "Babe, you look really pretty. Umma made it?" Lubna nodded, her beads beating a loud stacatto.

"Did you say thank you?" He asked with an exaggerated facial expression. Lubna looked down and thought for a moment before running over to Halima to hug her and say thank you. Tears brimmed in Halima's eyes and she had to blink to keep them away.

"You're welcome baby. Take an ice-pop." Lubna awed over an ice-pop before taking an orange flavoured one. Jariyah flew over and took the same and they began sucking loudly, leaving Jamal room to get to Halima.

"Ma'am. How did your day go?" Halima shook her head. Jamal dropped the briefcase unto a chair and folded his legs under him Indian style beside the ottoman she was sitting on. She shook her head again when she noticed he was settled down.

"Captain Evil was made Major General and deputy chief of army staff." Jamal's eyes widened in surprise, she knew he had not heard that bit of news. Halima turned to look at Jariyah and saw that they were both focused on the television so she leaned forward and let her tears fall.

"The stakes are higher now Jamal. How can I stop him from doing this to other girls, from using a trusted position to become a tyrant. It's going to affect our families, people are going to think I'm on a revenge mission since he's so high up now." Jamal wrapped his arm around her and pulled her to his body. She took the hint and leaned in a little more, smelling his sandalwood citrusy scent.

"One thing is sure. I support you, I believe you, if the world doesn't, it's their freaking business. I can support us for the rest of our lives even if we want to live on a yacht. So?" Halima giggled and let him hug her more.

The girls saw them and decided it was a hug fest, throwing themselves unto Jamal and Halima's bodies.

******

August 20

"Ladies. Good Morning." Halima and Kemi greeted their lawyers who had just come into the room with tensioned smiles. "How have you been? Congratulations Halima on your marriage. God bless your union." Halima muttered an Ameen to Barrister Hafsat's congratulations and they all sat.

"So, first. Let's be very honest with ourselves. This case will be a hard one. And we need more ladies to come out. The three brothers have put themselves in a position where it's nearly hard to prosecute them. We have a hard case here." They shuffled papers as they waited for Halima and Kemi to reply.

"We understand." Kemi replied for both of them. "What we will do from now on is to build to build our case, to put us in a good place on our own." Halima nodded at Barrister Hajarah's words.

"Now is the time to recall things you forgot, it could be birthmarks on their bodies, we already know that they sleep with one another but we need more things to catch their lawyers off guard. So, please, I know it's hurtful to do so, but think of anything that could help our case be stronger than ever. Okay?" They all sighed and waited for the person whom Kemi had contacted earlier about having more information.

The lady came in about ten minutes later with a sheaf of papers in a file. She was dark skinned, tall and was wearing a worn out skirt and blouse.

"Good morning everyone." She greeted as she sat. Halima was watching her intently and trying to see her. "My name is Lahima. And on the thirteenth of March this year, I was raped by Major General Muhsin and his three brothers at the Mara Hotel in Kaduna where I worked till the fifteenth when my appointment was terminated." Halima put her hands to her mouth in shock.

"I'm so sorry." Halima could not help the tears that trickled down her cheeks. She just kept shaking her head. "I'm Kemi, this is Halima. I'm sure she was the first victim and me the second." Lahima nodded and looked at the lawyers.

"Lahima, welcome." She nodded, Hafsat took the sheaf of papers she brought out and began to flip through it, nodding in appreciation. "This is very comprehensive. Thank you." Lahima nodded again. She flicked a look to Halima who was wiping her eyes with a tissue that Hafsat had passed it's box to her.

"I know my story doesn't seem convincing. I don't even know how it happened. One minute they were having a meeting and the other minute, I was pounced upon and dumped unto the bed unceremoniously before I was passed between the three brothers. I didn't pass out," She chuckled dryly.

"I could not pass out. I watched each brother use me to his satisfaction and spend themselves. It's the only image i have in my head this days, how they looked, happy as they felt relief." Hafsat patted Lahima on the arm comfortingly. She could not fathom such wickedness.

"No one will believe my story. I only want to get a job. I haven't had any since March and i have to help my mother who has five other children to cater for." Tears flowed down her cheeks and the room turned even more bitter.

******

"Everyone."

The whole living room that was buzzing with happiness due to Mummy's relief turned and looked at her. "I am going to prosecute Captain Muhsin and his brothers together with three other women. This is going to be a trying time for me. I'll be not so secure so i need everyone to cooperate with me." Halima sighed when she finished speaking. Mummy beckoned her over so she got up and went to her side and squatted.

"I'm here for you. Anytime. If you need me to talk or get the ear of anyone important, just call me. I will get them for you. Okay?" Halima nodded and put her head on her mother in law's knees. "Don't let anyone intimidate you. Even if he's the president, his immunity will end one day. Okay?" Halima nodded and Mummy wiped her tears.

Jamal walked to his wife and pulled her up. Then he drew her into his arms. "Lee. You know my stand." Halima could not speak, she was too overwhelmed with emotions.

******

Hello guys,

See how things are? I'm worried and tired too. Sigh😶

Anyways, thank you all for being so amazing. For commenting all the time and voting. Please don't stop, I'll be glad you did.

See y'all when I'm done writing.

TheOmoope ❣️