Hanny's Actual Baby

Guys, I promised myself I would not rant till the book ends but alas, I'm here again. Ejo, please, Abeg, bikonu, please comment. In the last chapter, in spite of how lengthy itbwas and how much work I put in it, i only got comments from about ten people. I just sighed and used my personal excitement to write this chapter.

Y'all should please comment, it means the world to me to hear what you think, please share, tell others what you like about it and let them come here and read it too.

Thank you and God bless you.

Now, happy reading.

"He thinks I don't know." Summayah scoffed.

Halima sighed and patted Summayah's head that was on her lap. Summayah was sitting on the floor in a reclined position while her head was on Halima's lap.

"I'm so worried about Mummy. She doesn't deserve this behavior." Halima said in a low voice. Her mother-in-law to be would never be the same again after this.

As she patted Summayah's head, she felt wetness on her fingers and raised her hand up to look at it to make sure it was really tears. She knew quite alright that the matter was set in Summayah's heart, and for her heart to be breaking in this manner, her father sure did some things.

"Mum has been married to him since she was eighteen, like she's fifty-eight now, her life has been wrapped around him, him, then us her children and then, her business. She never thinks of herself. She doesn't care that he doesn't love her, that he has never loved her, all she has done and all her fault has been loving him. He doesn't deserve it." She spat at the end.

Halima didn't say anything in reply to Summayah's words. Unrequited love was one of life's most tragic things because, one party would keep giving and giving, while the other party would keep taking selfishly without any regard for the selfless party.

"I'm sure she loved him for a reason. Now that this is happening, maybe she'll think of herself more?"Hala thought out loud.  Summayah sighed and didn't reply. They stayed like that in complete silence till the doorbell rang.

Halima got up because she knew what it would be, Summayah had ordered Lunch for them after Halima reached Summayah's apartment in Wuse. She opened the door to a large bouquet of tulips, a cling film wrapped tray filled with small chops and a gallon of fruit juice. She looked around for the delivery person but didn't find them.

Then she walked back in to call Summayah. "Why did you order so much food and flowers for us?" She asked as she reached Summayah's side. Summayah frowned as she got up and went to the door with Halima. At the door, she picked up the flowers and pulled out the note between them. Immediately she read the words, she smiled.

Halima leaned on the doorjamb and arched an eyebrow. "Who has you smiling like this?" Summayah smiled at her and handed her the flowers to carry, then she bent and carried the tray and ran-walked to her kitchen island. Halima sighed and carried the gallon of juice, shut the door and followed.

"Who was that?" Summayah sighed as she put ice pieces into tumblers. "Its Zain." she answered simply and Halima sat as she recalled the man that Summayah had gone to ask his name at the car-park.

"When did you and Zain become so close and I'm supoosed to be your best friend. How do I not know?" Halima asked in mortification. "Well, sometime a month ago. I try to throw him off me in hopes that he'll leave. I'm trying to play hard to get." Summayah replied quietly.  Halima hitched her long fitted skirt up and sat on the  high kitchen island.

"Playing hard to get? But that doesn't stop you from telling me. I know I've been unavailable all these while." She looked straight at her friend as she spoke.

Summayah walked away to open the juice gallon. "Well, many things happened. You met that idiot, we've been planning the wedding more seriously, and now my dad decides he wants to get married a week before you and Jamal."

Halima jumped down from the table and out out her hands to Summayah. It was a little ironic, since her friend was taller and slim and she, short and plump. She even only came to Summayah's shoulder in terms of height.

When Summayah hugged her, Halima put all the love she couldn't say out loud and the understanding onto the hug. She pulled out to look at Summayah's face. "Thank you for helping me plan my wedding, usually people's sister-in-laws are their nemesis, you're my best friend and I'm very thankful." Summayah nodded and hugged her friend again.

"Mummy says this won't stop her from travelling to finish up buying the stuff in your lefe. She said she'd rather behave as though she didn't hear all he said. Wallahi, men will embarrass you if you're not careful." Halima smiled sadly. Men would truly embarrass you if you didn't stand well.

******

Jamal watched her walk to the car after parking her own car behind him, he adjusted the pin drop camera near the dashboard and sat back waiting. She reached the car and knocked on the window, Jamal turned and wound it down as if he had not seen her.

"You called. I'm here." Jamal chuckled and tapped the automatic unlock. She opened the car, sat down and Jamal watched her. He chuckled again.

"Welcome." She smiled what she thought was her best smile at him, angling her body in the way she knew how.

"Name your price Haniya." He stated almost immediately after she began to play with her fingers as though it was a chaste meeting. They both knew it was not. She looked up at him in shock.

"Why then did you call me here?" She looked into yhe backseat almost immediately. "Are you shitting me?" Jamal shook his head with a condescending smile.

"How much would you like to leave my father alone. You're hurting my umma." Haniya hissed but didn't get out of the car. "So you didn't call me here to tell me you'd be canceling your wedding with that lapse in judgement." Jamal frowned and decided to set her straight.

"I think you got your facts twisted. Don't ever put Halima's name in your mouth again. Never ever. Quit it. I saw all that crap you posted when we first announced our engagement, I left you because you had not crossed my bottom line. My bottom line is Halima Aliyu, my mother and my children and you have messed with both of them. She's older than you, you're just a little older than Farida, Halima's not your mate. Don't ever ever put her name in your mouth again. Is that clear?" He demanded.

Haniya nodded cowed and very well chastised. Jamal nodded and asked again. "How much?" Haniya didn't think at all before saying. "A hundred million naira." Jamal nodded and asked her to send her account number in an email to Salim. As she got out of the car, she asked, "when am I getting it?"

Jamal rolled his eyes at her and told her. "Before you sleep." When she shut the door after her. He adjusted the camera and took it down. He pocketed it and drove off before Haniya left so he didn't see the camera man she had placed there to take pictures nor her jiggy dance when she sat behind her steering wheel.

*****

So, Jamal in trouble or no? Or something isn't quite right here ba? Meanwhile, I'm just here giggling at the turn of events.

Also,one of my girls Maymunatu_bukarbegan her newest story 'Jiddarh'. Please, y'all go read. I know you'll like it too.

Dazzall for today, enjoy your social distancing time and keep washing your hands.

TheOmoope