Bridesmaids and Confetti

Everybody smileee as you comment. Please. Tainz.

Happy Happy Happy Birthday to UmmiAbdull, long and prosperity, God bless your new age. 🥂🎉

Halima sat down back and sighed, she felt for her phone blindly and hoped it was still recording. She watched her captor go the driver's side and activate the locks.

She wasn't even going to try anything against someone carrying a live gun, so he didn't need to lock the door. She felt her jeans pocket for a nail buffer and when she didn't find it her hands began to shake in anxiety.

Five minutes later, when no one showed up,  Halima's hands began to sweat. She wiped the first sheen of sweat on her jeans and leaned back in the uncomfortable car chair and waited anxiously.

"Good Morning Sir." That voice. She would recognize it anywhere. 

Halima wiped her sweat on her handkerchief, this time shifting herself with her hands clasped on her raised knee. She had a faint idea who this was.

"Did she give you any problems?" She heard the driver answer that she was easy to kidnap. Halima chuckled. But her chuckle died when she heard his reply.

"That's how she is, easy to catch. Well done Kazo." Then the door opened and Kazo Shut it after Captain Muhsin. When he sat down, Halima laughed and launched the first attack.

"So, you now resort to abducting defenseless women. Muhsin. So low of you." She laughed some more and leaned on the door to look at his face putting some space between them. He rubbed his left hand on his face and braced his right hand on his knee.

"Shut up." Halima sighed and shut her mouth. She wasn't going to jeopardize the recording that was rolling with frivolous discussion.

"I see you and that ex-girlfriend of mine all loved up and happy to become sisters. Does she know my brothers and I fucked you senseless?" Halima shut her eyes for a second from the impact of the rage that grew jn her at his question. She put a lid on her rage and laughed a bit more.

"What do you think? Even if she didn't get told, I'd still be marrying her brother." She said the marrying with gritted teeth. She was doing so much to keep her anger in check.

"That's a lie. And you know it." Halima thought of a word in his statement and decided to refute it.

"Fuck me senseless might denote a sort of enjoyment. Rich coming from a serial rapist like you.  You and your brothers raped me till I lost consciousness. I begged you till I fainted. Remember? Or no you don't, because you've done that to countless women." She watched him roll his eyes.

"Fucking you senseless and raping you? What's the difference? It's all fucking." Halima knew at this point that he was so well into it and so unrepentant that it was such a disgust to watch him gloat about it.

"Now that you've admitted that you raped me, what did you make me wait here for?" She watched him sigh and shift so that he was sitting identical to her, leaning against the door. He stared at her from the tip of the cloth of her hijab to her hennaed feet.

"You've grown so beautiful. From the girl in hand-me-downs to this. Not bad." Halima felt a crawling sensation feel itself down her back but she regained her strength when he continued to speak. "No wonder you're out there looking for a lawyer to help your case. Stupid of you to think that anyone would believe you in this day and age. Where do you think you live? America? This is Nigeria dear. Even that man who lusts after your body all in the name of marriage will leave you in a heartbeat when he finds out. You better have sense."

Halima let out a heavy sigh as if she considered it. "I've heard you. Can I go now?" He hissed and motioned at the door. Halima clutched the door opener and wrenched the door open.

"May we see again. That time, this laughter on your face, it will be tears. I promise you." Halima hefted her handbag against her shoulder and walked away ftom where the car was, crossed the road and entered the shopping complex where her shop was located.

*****

Halima couldn't attend Friday prayers because she had cried till she fell asleep in her office, aftee cancelling all her appointments for the day. When it was nearly three pm, she woke, washed her face and powdered it.

"Aren't you at the mosque?" She answered Summayah lowly as she rushed into the Uber cab she ordered. " I am not. I'm on my way to the planner's office, let's meet there." Summayah sighed and answered her jn annoyance.

"Why then didn't you pick your calls? We've been calling for ages." Halima apologized immediately and cut the call. She could not shut her eyes instead she looked around the air-conditioned cab and the scenery as she was driven.

"We're here ma'am." Halima nodded, paid and got out. The heat hit and tears rushed to her eyes immediately. She pressed the pad of her thumbs against her eyes to make sure the tears didn't drip the Kohl she had lined her eyes with.

"Lee!" Summayah whisper-yelled her name as soon as she saw her walk into the reception of the planners office.

"Hey Summy." Summayah rolled her eyes, pulled her away to a toilet. When they reached outside the toilet, Summayah stopped.

"What happened?" Halima pulled out her phone, tapped on the thirty minute recording and flicked to the exact place where Muhsin began speaking.

Immediately Summayah heard Muhsin's voice, she pocketed the phone and pulled Halima to herself. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Halima nodded. She had told herself she would not cry again.

"I'm fine. Thats why I became completely useless today. I just could not wrap my head around how callous they could be. He was gloating about it today. He laughed at me, after causing me trouble Summayah, after pulling my life through fire. He laughed at me. Life is so unfair." Summayah kept apologising as she hugged her best friend.

"He will pay for it. Every single one of it. He will pay." Halima nodded got out of the hug and smiled thinly at Summayah.

"Let's go see what the planner has done with my wedding. And go eat lunch right after." Summayah couldn't agree more so she eagerly nodded and they walked out, the receptionist ushering them to the planner's office.

"Bride to be. Welcome." Halima smiled widely at the planner, they hugged, and sat down.

"So, the venue has been booked. I know it's an open ground but the venue has been booked. We also booed the dj, the decorators.  We also dealt with nearly everything that concerns the Kamu ceremony." Halima nodded and asked her about teh asoebi fir the bridesmaids.

"Ah, we've packed a bag of goodies with each six yards of asoebi for each lady and they're set to dispatch latest ten am tomorrow. They should reach them before evening. Yours should get to you sooner." Halima laughed and brought out a long sheet of paper where all six of her cousins measurements were on.

"These are their measurements." The lady took it, instantly made a photocopy and handed it back to Halima.

"Your wedding will go glitch free. That's a promise." Halima nodded and sat back to let Summayah deal with her.

*****

Who likes me now?

Anyways, we're winding closer to the wedding chapter. And I'm flexing all my muscles for y'all cos it's za wedding of the year.

So, our hashtag is #TheHJfairytale or you think you have something much more 😜tell me. I'll incorporate it somehow.

See y'all soon.

TheOmoope 💙🌞