Hanny's Jamal

Hi guys,

I wanted us to have a little teeny discussion before you start reading. I noticed last week that despite my efforts. Y'all didn't really comment. 😭😭😭I sincerely sat on my bed in despair. I love comments, thats why I beg y'all to vote and comment.

Please bombard this chapter with comments. Thank you.

Halima strode to the washer where a client was waiting. She was treating lice, hence the surgical gloves Halima had shrugged on her hands.

"Please calm down. This could feel like it's hurting, but it's really not, it's just sort of sanitizing your scalp." The teen nodded and Halima wet her hair with some tea tree shampoo and water, scrubbed hard and rinsed. Then she poured out the mixture she had made beforehand.

"I'm about to pour the mixture." The teenager blinked her eyes to show that she heard Halima. Halima used a plastic kettle to pour it out evenly on her hair. She shook her head as live lice ran out of their hiding places and wriggled in the washer.

"Calm now. We'll give it five minutes." Halima pulled off the gloves she was wearing, disinfected and washed her hands. As she wore another pair of gloves, she watched her employees in the next room  plait the hair of four friends.

The four of them had opted to instead of facing the mirror, they opted to face themselves. Halima shrugged. They were high paying customers, they could do whatever they wanted.

"Ready?" She asked the teenager. Then she began to wash her hair with cold water. Then hot water and then cold water again. She shampooed the girl's hair, conditioned it and took her into the main salon to deal with. The girl who normally sat in a wheel chair was pushed by Halima on the wheeled salon chairs.

When they reached the mirror, as Halima had to pass in between the four friends who were discussing. Halima motioned for a free employee to bring her a pack of brand new Combs. As soon as the Combs came, she began to blow dry the hair of the teenager.

She added anti-dandruff cream to the girl's hair and waited before blowing her hair again.

"You have lice?" One of the girls asked. She was wearing a blue Abaya. She arched a brow at the teen in the wide mirror. The teen timidly nodded.

Once she nodded, the girl sneered and tutted, she eyed the girl in disgust. "You're so fat, yet you can't take care of your hair. See how long your hair is, yet you don't know how to take care of it. Nonsense." The other girls laughed. Halima shut her eyes to quell her growing anger, she hoped they would end there.

"Hanny. Just leave her. Imagine such beautiful hair, yet she's so." The girl hissed as though the teen had done a muderous offence. They talked about it some more, while Halima soothed the teen, she considered taking the girl to her office but all she needed was in that room, not her office.

"Hanny. By thw way, did you see Jamal Abubakar's story. Innalilahi." Halima's heart jumped. She hoped something had not happened to him.

They passed the speaker's phone around themselves, tutted and hissed at intervals. "How could he be marrying a nobody."

"I hear she was his children's Nanny." Halima turned in time to watch Hanny goggle at her friend. "You see men, such disgusting creatures. How, nanny?" She spluttered. Angrily, she removed the hands on her hair.

"I loved him, I told my mom everyday, she'd say calm down. No problem, see now." She wiped her tears with a handkerchief she produced from her bag.

"Why didn't he even tag her? I would have done many things." Hanny snatched the phone again from her friend.

"She's fair obviously. Short as a midget and round. He doesn't even have taste. His first wife was that idiot Lebanese, now, a nanny. Idiot man." She spat at the phone in her hand.

"Hanny don't worry yourself so much, their marriage cannot last. His mother won't agree." Hanny hissed. "Can't you see he said here, my best decision." She burst into more tears, making her face scrunch up. Halima sighed, she could no longer take it, so she dropped all she needed onto the teen's lap and wheeled the young girl away from the room. When they reached the next room, Halima sat for a moment to get herself. Tears stung her eyes but she didn't let them fall.

"Aunty. I didn't intentionally." Halima hugged Sarah to herself, stopping her from talking.

"I'm sorry I let that happen. I'm sorry." Sarah stopped crying and Halima began to part her hair in preparation for plaiting.

"Next time. Call me, call me if she doesn't let you plait your hair. We can do it an hour before your Islamiyya or something. Don't ever let it get to this extent. Even the Quran prompts us to be clean people." Sarah nodded and Halima continued.

As she plaited the hair into two partitions, with the ends flapping. She wanted to draw attention to her face.

As she plaited rapidly, she thought of Jamal's actions, she asked herself if it was wise of him to behave so presumptuously. She wanted to see the picture herself so she worked faster.

"You were the one in the picture weren't you?" Halima stopped opening a part of the girl's hair and looked at her. Then she nodded.

"I knew immediately you fisted your hands. Don't mind Hannybaby. She believes so much in her beauty that she thinks that all men should be for her. That wss how she almost died when Moh Baba Hassan married Prof Halima. She trolled them for days." Halima shook her head and continued doing her work. She had no idea Hanny thought Jamal belonged to her.

"All i just say to you is, go get married to that man. He's so fine." Halima smiled as reply. She could not even speak, she was blushing too much.

********

No more talk.

Bye.

TheOmoope.