Future Husbands & Wife Beaters

****Please vote and leave comments****

"Summy naa. Please just follow me there. I don't even have a car and i need to buy a few things to take there." Halima heard Summayah toss on her bed over and over before agreeing to take her kubwa.

Halima tried to plead her case a little more. "It's little over just thirty minutes. We'll just stop at the mall. I need some provisions."

Summayah groaned a little more and hissed. "What are you going there to do sef?" Halima shook her head, Summayah was a big bear under all her tough exterior.

"I employed this lady to come with me when I have travel appointments, but I've been trying to reach her since yesterday, no show. And I can't pull any of the staff at the salon. They're booked solid." Halima said an Alhamdullilah under her breath as she waited for Summayah to reply.

"I'm sliding on my hijab as we speak. Just make sure we're not seeing my future husband on the way. I won't forgive you." Halima laughed and told Summayah where she was.

After cutting the call, she went back out to visit with one client who brought her twins to get their hair done. She sat with her till Summayah called that she was outside.

"Thank you for your patronage. We hope you come next time." The woman smiled and waved Halima away.

"Bestooo." She called out when she opened Summayah's car door. She wagged her full eyebrows at her friend. "Quit it with the buttering up. I'm your only bestfriend so why the noise." Halima cowed and sat carefully, and pulled the seat belts over her shoulder.

"Where to?" Halima told her where.

"So, why is this woman so special?" Halima turned to look at her. Summayah lifted her hands in apology.

"She's just a little older than we are, has four children, didn't get past junior secondary school, she's an expert at all hair designs." Halima swiped her phone and showed her the styles the woman did on the staff during her interview.

"Wow. She's good." Halima nodded and sighed. Summayah wound to a stop at the mall and Halima rushed out. "Let me quickly get things and come back." Summayah pursed her lips in a sad manner and Halima asked in alarm what was wrong.

"You want to leave me behind because I'm wearing rubbish abi. At least I won't embarrass you in the car." Halima threw the pouch of her phone at her friend, it hit her smack on the forehead.

"Innalilahi. And i thought something big was wrong with you. Follow me if you want." Summayah cowered and walked out of the car, locked it and followed Halima who literally ran into thw supermarket. As Summayah sedately walked, a man who had a phone to his ear talking quietly ran smack into her.

Four things happened, first he shouted, lunged for his phone, then he apologized and Summayah noticed his eyes. After she noticed his gray eyes that were so not common amongst Hausa men, Summayah could swear that her heart stopped beating before it began beating again.

"Sister. I'm sorry. I wasn't looking." Summayah nodded mutely and watched, arms clasped in her hijab as he walked away in his dark green Kaftan that complemented his skin. Ma Sha Allah.

It was right there that Halima who had gone in to buy some stuff, met her standing, looking at the car park wistfully where the man paced back and forth in front of a Mercedes Benz.

"Yo! What are you looking at?" Summayah faced her and shook her head mournfully. "I just met my future husband." Halima raised an eyebrow. Summayah nodded and tucked her lips in like a baby.