[Steven stretches after getting up and yawns.]

Steven: Well, I think that's enough for today; I'm going home now.

[Lapis and Peridot land behind Steven.]

Peridot: Steven!!

Steven: *turns around* Guys, what's up?

Peridot: Well, you see...

Lapis: In the ring toss game booth at Funland there's a limited version prize of one of those green, big-headed plush toys that Peridot really likes, so she wants to get it no matter what.

Peridot: Yeah! The Smiley guy caught me using my metal powers to win the prizes and now the rings are plastic.

Lapis: I tried to help her get it, but I couldn't either.

Peridot: Now we don't have much chance of getting it because we don't have enough money left.

Lapis: And since you're back, we thought maybe you could help us. Plus we could've some fun like we used to.

Peridot: Steven, please!

Steven: All right, all right, I'll help you.

[Peridot and Lapis look at each other excitedly.]

Steven: Well...

[Steven takes twenty dollars out of his wallet and hands it to them.]

Steven: I think this will be enough, you have more chances to win now. *waves goodbye* Have fun, guys! See ya later! *walks away*

Lapis: Hmm, okay? Not exactly the kind of help we were looking for, but--

[Just then, something can be heard moving swiftly in the bushes behind Lapis and Peridot.]

Lapis: Peridot, did you hear that?

Peridot: What are you talking about?

Lapis: *approaches the bushes* I think I heard something moving in the bushes.

Peridot: Maybe it's just a rodent, there are a lot of those lately.

Lapis: Yeah, you're probably right. *turns her back to the bushes* Well, We'd better hurry if we want to win tha--

[Lapis is suddenly cut off as her physical form is slashed right through and cleave in half.]

Lapis: *weakly* Wh-what just hap--?

[Lapis suddenly poofs. Peridot watches in shock as her gem falls to the ground.]

Peridot: LAPIS!!!

[A pigtailed Gem strolls out of the bushes, a cold smile plastered on her face and a green scythe in her hands.]

??????: Aw, what's the matter, pebble? Miss your friend already? Well, don't worry. You're right behind her! *she said as her pupils jiggled like googly eyes*

Peridot: What the--?

[The mysterious Gem laughs maniacally and jumps into the air, then slashes downward at Peridot, poofing her instantly. She then picks up Lapis' and Peridot's gemstones.]

??????: Alright, that's make three. *chuckles* Only two to go.

[The Gem leaps back into the bushes.]

【At the same time - in the distance.】

Steven: Come to think of it, I haven't been to Funland yet. Peridot and Lapis asked me to go with them, but I... declined their invitation. Hmm. If I hurry, I think I can still catch up with them!

[Steven runs back to where Lapis and Peridot were.]

Steven: *looks around* No way.

[But it's too late, they're gone.]

Steven: *jumps to the wrong conclusions* They flew off to Funland without me! Heck! I wanted to go with them, but I think they were in a hurry. Whatever, I'll see them there anyway.

【Meanwhile.】

Pearl: *walks up to Garnet* Have you seen Amethyst anywhere?

Garnet: Nope. She's supposed to be done with her baseball game by now.

Pearl: Exactly! She didn't even bother to put the baseball stuff back in its place!

[Pearl pulls out her phone and shows Garnet a picture.]

Pearl: Just take a look at this picture I took, look at all the mess she left behind!

Garnet: *looks at Pearl's phone* Hmm.

Pearl: I've sent her so many messages but she hasn't replied or returned a single one of my calls, what did she get a phone for if she's not going to use it in the first place?

Garnet: Pearl. *she said in a serious tone*

Pearl: She just had to put the baseball equipment back in its place after her game, how hard is that? I did it, and single-handedly, you know?

Garnet: Pearl, something's not right here.

Pearl: What on earth are you talking about?! Amethyst has always been messy with her stuff!

[Garnet adjusts her visors.]

Pearl: I thought she had improved a little bit in that regard, but now I don't think she ever will.

Garnet: Pearl!

Pearl: She has to start taking her responsibilities seriously, not shirk them, no matter how small they may be. I mean, what example is she setting for the other Gems? She's a tutor!

Garnet: Pearl, listen up to me! Something's not right here, and I'm not talking about Amethyst!

Pearl: What do you mean then?

Garnet: *adjusts her visors* Oh, no! Pearl, this is bad, she's--!!

[The silhouette of a pigtailed Gem suddenly leaps out of the bushes, Garnet notices this in time, but Pearl doesn't.]

Garnet: Heads up!!!

Pearl: Huh?