Chapter 10

Alexis POV

I get into the room first, James close behind. As I run in I see my mom is awake and hooked up to an IV and a few monitors.

"Hi momma!" I say.

"Hi honey" my mom responds, her voice raspy from being unconscious.

"How was you nap?" James laughs, I punch his arm,"Ow!"

"That's mean!"

"Sorry," he mumbles. Mom laughs as my friends walk in.

"Its weird when Lexi isn't in the hospital bed," Jen says. I punch her arm too.

"Hey she isn't necessarily wrong Lex," Harrie adds.

I shrug and sit down with a pout. My friends and family laugh.

The doctor walks in to the room with a bottle of pills, "You are ready to be released Racheal just take these pain killers for the next few days."

Mom nods as the IV is removed from her arm. We walk out and leave the hospital.

James is once again the driver with my mom in passenger seat. Me and my friends are in the two back rows.

After we bring my friends home I am once again practically asleep in the back. But I am wide awake when we get home because my breathing became hitched. I don't know why but it did.

James quickly runs in. When he comes back out he has my oxygen tank. I quickly attach the tube to my nose helping me to breathe.

After a few minutes of me catching my breath we make our way inside. I go right to bed and my mom does the same. James sits on the couch and plays on his phone.

~•~
Monday
Jen POV

After that chaotic weekend is it weird I'm happy to go back to school? Probably. I see Alexis waiting at the front of the school with her oxygen tank.

Apperently she noticed my confusion because once I was close enough she said, "The weekend was to much for my body to handle and it because hard to breathe."

Once everyone came up to us with the same confused expression Lexi explained it all over again. They just nodded in understanding.

We walk into the building for breakfast and a bunch of people give Alexis weird looks because she only ever really wears the oxygen thing at home. Needless to say, it was a long day of answering questions for her.