Chapter 16

Jen POV

I got a text from James saying that Alexis was upset for some reason and asked if we could come over. I agreed and asked my friends who also agreed.

Angelo picked everyone up at their houses and now we are on our way to Lexi's. As we get there James hurries us into the living room.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"We don't know. Lex won't tell us. We were hoping you guys would have some idea?" James whisper-yells. We shake our heads.

"Could be Adams but she didn't seem upset after his class. And at the end of the day she didn't really seem upset either," Percy responds.

"We can go see," Marie says.

"Be careful," James mutters.

I go to her room and open the door. I jump out of the way when I see an object flying out of the room. Harrie wasn't so lucky.

"Ow!" She yells.

"What do you want?" Alexis yells, her voice muffled. When I look into her room I see her face is stuffed into her millions of pillows.

"We wanted to see what's wrong. We got a text from James saying you're upset," I respond as I walk in and sit by her on her bed. I rub her back comfortingly.

"I don't know..." Alexis mumbles.

"What?" Percy asks.

"I don't know what's wrong! I'm just upset!" Alexis cries.

"Why didn't you just tell that to your mother and James?" I question.

"Because they would think I'm lying," She mumbles as she cuddles into my side. I do whatever I can to stop myself from blushing.

After a little bit longer of comforting Alexis she falls asleep. We all walk into the living room so she can get some rest.

"So?" James asks.

"Shes just upset. She literally doesn't know why," I respond.

"Might be her pain medication. She has to take it for the next couple days because of the surgery," Mrs. Faucette says. James nods and makes his way to his room so he can also get some rest. I can tell he hasn't been sleeping.

"It must be nice having two kids that don't fight," I say to cut the silence.

"What? They fight all the time!" Mrs. Faucette laughs.

"What? I've never seen them fight!" Harrie exclaims.

"Make a surprise visit one day. I can guarantee you they'll be fighting," Mrs. Faucette responds.

"Okay," I laugh. It's hard to imagine the two of them fighting.

=====

I don't fucking know anymore.