Chapter 5

JENNY POV

She was brought into another room and was immediately hooked up to monitors and and IV. All this because she had to run to class. Alone. 

Before my thoughts got more depressing Alexis' brother and mother ran in. 

"Is she okay?!" they yell in unison.

"Yes but you need to quiet down their are other patients here," the doctor responds shushing them. 

"Sorry we were worried," James responds quietly.

"I know and that is completely understandable. She will be okay and probably released later tonight," The doctor says calmly.

"She will?" I ask.

"Told you she'd be okay," Mrs. Faucette responds. 

"It's still my fault," I mumble.

"No it isn't," Alexis whispers back. Wait Lexi?

"You're awake?!" I say in a quiet yell. 

"I wasn't in a coma. Right?" Alexis says.

"No honey you weren't. It has only been a couple hours," Mrs. Faucette responds. 

Suddenly my phone starts going off in my pocket. The group has been spamming me for an update now that the school day is over. I walk into the hallway to answer them.

TurtleJen: Shes fine. She just woke up and will be released later today. 

Harrie: Oh that's a relief

Baguette: Will she still be able to go to the musical?

TurtleJen: I don't know but I also don't think this is the right time to ask. Text you all later.

I put my phone back in my back pocket and walk back into the room. 

"You ready to go home Lexi?" Mrs. Faucette says as I walk in. Alexis nods and starts getting up after the doctor takes out the IV. 

"What actually happened?" the doctor asks before we leave. 

"I had to run to my next class so I wasn't late?" Alexis responds tiredly.

"Honey your health is more important than getting to class on time," her mom responds.

"Not to the English teacher," I say, "If shes late to English the teacher will make her run laps since hes also the PE teacher."

"The class is also across the school from all my other classes," Alexis says. 

"Couldn't you get your class switched?" The doctor asks her.

"No. Apparently my doctor note is fake and they won't switch my class," She responds. 

"I'll call the school. Come back if anything happens," the doctor says picking up her phone.

"Thank you sir," Alex responds walking out of the room after her mother and brother.