Chapter 8

"Honey have you made a decision if your going to the dance this Friday?" My mother wondered while she decided to make her way into my room, since when do we have mommy daughter talks.

I glanced her way quickly before I looked back at my phone, "Of course I have." I believe the look that had appeared on my dear mother's face right now is hope, lady and gents and now time to crush it.

"Because I was really looking forward to being able to help you pick out a dress." Okay in my defense this had come from nowhere but if I showed signs of weakness she would feed on it, this women has practically exiled me from her life.

"I don't know." I spoke as I looked at her suspiciously, while slowly put my phone on my bed, while I crossed my legs. Her smile wavered a little and her face showed concentration, like she was working really hard to come up with an excuse to be with me.

"I know I haven't really been there for you,' cue internal scoff, 'but I really want to have a relationship with my daughter is that so much to ask for?"

She had a look in her eye a little more helplessness than hope this time. My mom never tried this hard to form a bond nor make plans so from the goodness of my heart I would do this for her.

"I mean I guess I can go it is my senior year and all but I'm going to be a loner because no one is going to ask me," I explained while I tried not to show the disappointment, " the last one I went to I had a boyfriend but you know he is a cheating snake so."

"Oh I'm sure you don't mean that, you just need to forgive and forget." My mom spoke hopefully. She then at once got up, and made her way to the door.

"Your car or mine?" She asked over her shoulder.

"Mine I guess." I mumbled after the conversation we had just had.

How could she defend him, I thought she didn't like him just like I did. I couldn't believe this, next thing you know my father will find a way to be more prominent in my life. Ha jokes, I didn't even notice we were on our way to the store until my mom made a panic stop and her phone went off. I looked up and noticed that she had almost hit a blue truck twice the size of her own car because she hadn't noticed there was a red light. While she answered over bluetooth I heard a voice that sounded familiar, the voice that had called me many time in the past 24 hours and that I was ignoring. Jamie, "Hey Auntie Vera, I was wondering if Mia was with you, she hasn't been answering my calls nor my texts."

My mom glanced at me, while my eyes were wide as to show not to say that I am in fact in the car with her, as she stepped on the gas with the light that had turned green I could see her think for a moment before her eyes light up as if she had gotten an idea, which she replied with, "No, I'm sorry she isn't but when I see her I will let her know you called."

The disappointment in Jamie's voice could be heard as she thanked my mom and ended the call. I looked over at my mom where I could see her smirking but instead of explaining why she only asked, "Diamond's or Fragile."

My jaw dropped which made me forget the whole conversation before, "Mom those are both super expensive-"

She cut me off and replaced her smirk with a smile once more, "I have come to realize ever since me and you father called a quotes we haven't been on the best terms, you and I. I know this can't even begin to make up for me not caring for you like I should but it is a small gesture. I talked to Daniel and told him to ease up on you and the girls were told to be more respectful."

I was in complete shock, this is like when you don't study for a final but pass with flying colors anyway or when you get blamed for talking but in reality you are respectfully and quietly keeping to yourself. This is like... you know what I think you got the point, "How about we just go to both." My mom suggested as she pulled into Fragile.

Don't get me wrong I have always wanted a dress from here but my wonderful stepsisters always were the lucky ones to shop here, I got whatever was on sale at any small local store, which I didn't mind I was thankful for what I had. I wasn't a person who needed anything and everything expensive I left that for my stepsisters, "How about we start over there?" My mom asked already headed in the direction she had pointed to.

-

"How about this one?" We were at Diamond because all the dresses I liked my mother said it didn't wow her and all the dresses she liked I would rather be eaten by a lion than wear.

As she asked the same question for what feels the thousandths time today, I stood to see over the rest of the dresses and from what I could see it was a gorgeous white knee length dress that from the waist to the knees poofed out only the smallest bit, with material tutu like. The top half was detailed with little pearls all over and it had a halter top neckline, "Here go try it on." My mom handed me the dress and slowly while I admired the clothing I walked over to the dressing room.

I stepped into the little cubicle and stood with my back faced toward the mirror, "Hand me your coat so you have more room." I did as told and threw my mom my coat.

I slipped off the clothes I was previously in and slipped into the short white dress. I spun around to look at myself in the mirror. I smiled at the person who stood in front of me, while I smoothed out the dress and then realized I need my mom's help, "Mom can you help me zip the dress up please."

She knocked softly and I opened it as if that was her answer. She pulled the zipper up and I looked at the neckline, it is absolutely beautiful from top to bottom and I didn't want to take it off, who knew my mom had good taste.

"The dress compliments your red hair perfectly." My mom pulled my long red hair back a little, like she used to do all the time while I was growing up.

I smiled at the memories that was until I noticed a tag and remembered I completely forgot to check the price and I was going to grab the tag when my mom shook her head no. My face showed confusion but she pulled the tag off and brought it to the register and cashed out all within seconds,"Just get changed up and we can head back home."

I closed the small door and was astonished at what had just happened maybe my mother wasn't the heartless soul I thought she had become afterall.

-

(edited)

Hey my wonderful readers!

I decided on having more of a mother daughter moment for this chapter. I want to thank you guys for getting my to over 400 reads! You are amazing! I know you are probably all like, what did she see about Jamie, but don't worry you will find out soon.

Qotd(1)-Who do you thinks Mia will end up with in the end/ who do you think she should end up with?

Qotd (2)-Do you guys have any questions you want to ask me, if so leave them down below.

Well that is all for now talk to you guys soon later! Bye!

-WRiTERnotfound26