Chapter 27

Kian's POV

"Okay so is everything set up?" I ask Jamie who was helping me with a very special plan.

"Yes sir!" She says and marches over to me.

"Well I'm going to go pick her up and bring her to the nest."

Jamie gave me a questionable look obvious as to what I was talking about, " Wait there is a nest involved? What I don't remember there being nest?!?!"

I laugh as she frantically looks at her phone's notes at the list I sent her, "Jamie, calm down, it's a code word."

She laughs an uncomfortable laugh and smiles "Pshhh I knew that."

Well she may have "knew that" but she didn't realize her hand was leaning against moving cart, so before I could warn her, the cart moves from under hand and rolls into a table while Jamie falls on top of my dog and my dog's water bowl and food bowl which causes Jamie's white pants not to be so white.

I run over to the scene and take Forest into my arms, "Are you okay boy?" He just licks my hand and I sense a glare coming from the direction of Forest's bowls.

"Wow thanks!" Jamie huffs, I walk over to her laughing and give her a hand up.

"Let's go get you cleaned up, I have the sweatpants." I shake my head, as Jamie and trudge up the stairs into my room.

You see, Jamie is really clumsy so she is constantly spilling or dropping or walking into something that gets her clothes dirty so Mia and I always have to keep a spare of clothes at our houses for her. I pull the outfit out of my draw and hand them to her while she rolls her eyes but takes them and walks away.

-
"You ready to go hang out?" I ask Mia as she steps into the car.

"Of course darling." She smiles at me then continues on her phone.

"How have you been?" This is the first in a long time we have been this awkward near each other and I'm not liking it.

"I miss him." I hear her whisper.

I move turn my head toward her for a second before focusing back on the road. "You don't need that stress in your life, think about it in just a little bit you will have prom and graduation and will be off to college!"

"Ya college in the UK." She says back and looks out the window.

The conversation ends there because I don't know how to respond but luckily my house is only down the street from where we were right now.

As I pull into my driveway I get a little nervous, I don't know exactly why because we are best friends I mean she wouldn't say no would she?

"Are you going to come in or are we just going to hang out in the car? I mean the car is a pretty good option, well until the paparazzi shows up. Again." She asks as she opens her door.

I follow her steps and as we get the door I send Jamie a text that the bird is in the nest. Apparently the girl still doesn't get it.

"I forgot my wallet in the car can you grab it?" I ask her smiling as I open the door.

She rolls her eyes and walks to the car, "You are lucky I love you!"

Just as she said that I saw the flash of a camera coming from behind me in the street and turned around to see paparazzi. Before they could get any more pictures Mia runs inside , me following behind and shutting the door.

"Are you kidding me!" Mia yells, "This kid not only is stressing me out but now I can't go anywhere without being hounded by these annoying people!" She says a little louder as if they could somehow here her.

"I have a surprise!" I try to say to cheer her up.

She looks at me as if it were wrong timing and I just kept a smile on my face. "You are going to love it just stay here. I will call you over when everything is set up." I got up and ran to the family room were Jamie was standing there looking confused.

I ignored her and picked up the handmade sign along with the tiara. "Mia!"

I heard footsteps and her yelling "I told you I didn't want a sup-." She steps into the room and covers her mouth when she see's the sign and tears fill her eyes.

"Yes of course I will go to prom with you!" I drop the sign when she runs into my arms laughing.

" My lady." I place the crown on her head and Jamie won't stop taking pictures.

-

" I still can not believe that you made this sign for me." She gushes as we make home made pizza, I glance at the screen and read it over, I know I may just be a peasant and this isn't really a Cinderella story but would you, Princess Mia spend the night with a peasant like me?

I laugh as I do looking over at her and she has flour on her nose, "Clean your nose." Mia looks really confused and tried to go cross eyed to see her nose.

"You have flour on it!" Jamie says laughing and throwing a tomato at her.

"Hey I don't even like tomatoes!" Mia yelled back.

"Don't be a baby!" Mia smirks at Jamie and then I see lots of food flying my way.