Chapter 3

We had finally made our way to school because Kian was 20 minutes late to pick me up and we had 4 minutes to get our butts in school. But luckily there was no traffic so, we pulled into the school parking lot. "Lets go go go!" I said and ran into school.

I ran into the office and saw a guy with caramel hair who sat with his back toward me, he looked relaxed with his arms rested on his knees. I went up to the front desk and talked to the receptionist who had a smile on her face. The wrinkles on her face barely noticeable, but still there and her blonde hair just starting to grey.

"Hi how can I help you?" She asked with a smile.

"Hi I'm Mia and I'm here to show a transfer student around."

She nodded her head and pointed toward the boy who I saw earlier, "Yes, that is Ethan the person you will be showing around." She handed me his sechedule.

"Ethan, meet Mia." Ethan got up and walked over to me, kissed my hand.

He meet my eyes and with a soft, shy smile, with his green blue eyes that were bright.

I smiled back as he let go of my hand, the front desk lady interrupted whatever that was "Well off you guys go and Mia here is a note for the all your teachers if you are late for any clasess." I nodded and thanked her.

We stepped into the calming hallway and I looked at his sceduale. "You have basically all the same classes as me." I smiled.

" Where do you want to go first?" He shrugged his shoulders looking at everyone who passed and some of the painting on the wall.

I decided on showing him the court yard first because it is my favorite part of the school and must people hang out around here, plus our lockers are over here. "Well this is my favorite part of the whole school." I spoke up looking at him quickly but we made eye contact so I looked at the ground smiling and biting my lip.

He laughed and then looked confused "You're favorite part of the school is the lockers?"

HOLY mother of sweet cheese he has an accent! "Why thank you."

I looked up really confused, until I figured it out, I feel the heat starting to threaten to show on face, "I just said that out loud didn't I?"

I mentally slap my self in face sighing especially after hearing his answer, "Yes you did, I didn't think you had a thing for accents."

I just rolled my eyes and laughed it off, "I mean the court yard not the locker by the way."

He nodded his head "Mine as well show me my locker."

I Looked at his paper that was in his hand he had locker 456, I scanned down the row of lockers, "Right here." I pointed to a locker and used the combination on the lock that opened it.

"Thank you." He dropped off his bag and books while we headed back inside.

-

Once lunch came I showed him the whole school. We both walked toward the lockers once again so we could grab anything we needed for the next classes of the day. "Thank you Mia, for showing me around today." He said and headed toward his locker.

"No problem and if you want you can sit with me and my friends at lunch, I mean you don't have to but if you want to." I trailed off toward the end a little.

He smiled and said "Are you sure I wouldn't want to be a burrden."

It was my turn to I smile and nodded my own head, "You remember where the cafe is right?"

"Yea, I'll meet you there."

We waved bye and I walked in opposite direction to our own lockers. I opened mine without any problems, but before I took out my lunch box I saw Ethan struggling with his locker. " Hey Ethan do you need any help opening your lock?"

He scratches the back of his head, "Maybe?"

"Hey how is the new kid?" Kian says walking over to be making me jump in the air.

"He is really quit and keeps to himself mostly, I found out his name is Ethan, and he's in the bathroom but I invited him to sit with us if that's okay?" Kian pretended to question it before he answered.

"Ya it's fine." I smiled at his answer and just as he answered Ethan walked in, so I waved my hand to show him where we were.

-
"It was so fun and I hope to go back next year." Ethan said while he finished up a story about a trip he went on.

"That is a place I would love to travel to, I have dreamed about going to the UK." I saw Ethan smiled wide at my answer.

"Well I got to head to my locker and then classes but we don't have school tomorrow do you guys want to come over?" Kian and Ethan nod their heads in agreement, I got up and bumped into someone.

I was about to say sorry before I saw who it was, "What are you doing?"

"Just wanted to welcome the new kid." Anthony said eyeing Ethan.

"Yea I don't think so, maybe you should go back to your little goonies." I said looking him in the eyes.

He put his hands up in mock surrender and turned around.

"Is it just me or does it feel like I'm missing something?" Ethan asked but without a reply.

-
I stepped into the house I remembered my mom, Daniel and the three wicked witches were on vacation but luckily had Jamie who was going to stay with me. She should be back soon from school, considering she was in student council. I ran up stairs to check my email. Once again there was nothing, maybe I won't get accepted. "I'm here!" Jamie yelled from down stairs.

I slammed my laptop shut which maybe I should stop doing that and make my way down the stairs, "Hey." I simply said.

"What's wrong?" She asked while she followed me into the kitchen.

"The college in the UK I want to go to hasn't sent me a letter of acceptation and-" she dropped the strawberries she is about to eat on the ground.

"Wo wo wo the UK?" She asked while she waved her hands around, I smiled sheepishly.

"Yeaaaaaaa." I awkwardly longed out as she picked up the strawberries and is still in shock.

"Does your mom and dad know about this?" I shook my head no.

"Oh you mean the father I never see or the mother who doesn't give a poop about me, yea I'm sorry their hasn't been a royal speech about it." I said in a way that let all my anger out but when I met Jamie's eyes I felt immediately bad.

"I'm-' she interrupted me with a sincere look.

"Well you need to talk to them soon." I just nodded my head in agreement.

"I am going to take a shower, be down soon." I said then ran up the stairs while I tired to get ride of the awkwardness between the two of us.

My phone went off and it was Dana?

Dana- Saw the pics of the new kid tell him I said hi! He hasn't even seen the better sister yet.

I didn't even bother to text her back.

My phone went off again and I couldn't believe who it was.

- Author's note
Thank you for all the reads I still can't believe all the reads in just about 2 weeks, about 140! I decided to update earlier this week but every other week I am going to update on my usual day! I am going to start doing questions or a question of the day (Qotd). Don't forget to follow, vote, and comment!

Qotd- What is one of your favorite shows?
One show I really like that is on now is Ink Master.

Qotd- Who do you think texted Mia?