entry #24 | тåg

Start from the beginning

The navy blue-haired male's head snapped up and he said something into his phone before looking around. She couldn't see his expression beneath his sunglasses, but she was willing to bet he wasn't surprised at the sight of the boy beside her.

Jasper came up to them and removed his sunglasses, his eyebrows raised. "Where did you kidnap him from, (Y/n)?"

"Why are you assuming I kidnapped him?" She scowled. "Don't be a Lucy."

He crouched down to meet Conan at eye level. "You're Conan, right?" He said in a gentle tone. "Conan Matthews?"

The black-haired boy looked confused and suspicious. He tugged on the (h/c)-haired girl's sleeve. "M—I mean, (Y/n)," he whispered. "Is your friend a girl or a boy?" He probably didn't mean any harm or for Jasper to hear it. But Jasper did and (Y/n) turned pale. 

"You can't ask that kind of question!" She said in a hushed voice back.

Jasper started chuckling. "I am a guy, Conan. I'd be concerned if I appear otherwise." The bitterness in his voice made (Y/n)'s chest hurt as she remembered something that happened last year, something she wished she could make better but couldn't.

"O-oh, I'm sorry," Conan looked down at his feet sheepishly. 

Jasper smiled and waved it off. "It's alright. Now tell me, what brings you here all alone?"

"I got separated from my big brother. (Y/n) said you could help me find him. Can you really?"

"Of course. I'll call my family's inves"—he cut himself off at the (h/c)-haired girl's pointed look and changed his words—"excuse me, my butler to get your brother's phone number. I'll call him to come and pick you up. Is that fine with you?"

The black-haired boy excitedly nodded his head. "Yes! Thank you so much...um..."

"Jasper."

"Jasper! Thanks, Mr. Jasper!" He came out from behind (Y/n) and hugged the violet-eyed male. Conan turned back to her with sparkling eyes. "Did you hear that? He said he'd find brother!"

(Y/n) nodded with as much energy as she could muster lest someone called her a party pooper again. "Isn't that great?"

"Uh, huh!"

"In the meantime," Jasper interrupted them as he got off his phone. "Why don't you two go to Carmen over there?" He motioned towards the brunette who was chasing after Isla with a water gun. "She'll play with you until Leon gets here."

"Okay! Come on, miss!" Conan tugged on her hand. (Y/n) smiled softly and ruffled his hair with her free hand.

"I will in a bit, Conan," she said. "I need to talk to Ja—um, Mr. Jasper here for a bit. You can go ahead, alright?" Jasper rolled his eyes at the name while the boy looked on with confusion. Then he shrugged and smiled.

"Got it!" He saluted her and ran off in the direction of the frolicking duo who didn't seem to notice them yet. Speaking of which, (Y/n) frowned. Where's Reese? I thought he was with Isla...nevermind, that's not important now.

She faced her blue-haired friend and got a good look at him. She took in his unusually pale and shaky demeanor with worry evident in her (e/c) eyes. "Jas," (Y/n) said in a tone akin to one you would use around a wounded beast. "Is...everything alright with your family?"

The male smiled emotionlessly and slowly lowered himself to a chair beneath the large parasol. "I suppose it depends on your definition of alright," he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Nothing's changed, (Y/n). I couldn't tell them. If I did..."