I stood to gain

Perhaps I wanted love too...I mean the thought of having someone to come
home to after a long day of making dreams come true sounds just about right to me. Having someone cheering you on every time you win and holding you down when you fail to stand on your own. Who would not want that? In fact if anything…I need that.

“This is not some fairy tale Liana” Marian who is my best friend says to me and I just look at her reflection in the mirror and she gives me a sympathetic smile.

“You do not know that…this might just be what we both need” I take in a deep breath and then I try to force a smile, I needed to believe my words, my happiness depended on me believing what I knew to be false.

“Jurian does not love you and you know that, this is just for the benefit of our kingdoms” she says, telling me something that I already knew but refused to believe…my fairytale depended on me being oblivious to the truth. I needed to be blind to be happy, seeing sometimes stops one from being happy.

“How do I look?” I ask as I finish putting on my tiara and then I stand up and I face Marian while flashing a smile at her. Maybe if she sees just how happy I am then she will stop reminding me that this wedding, was not for my benefit…I stood to gain, but I will only gain if she at least tries to be positive.

I am wearing a mermaid white dress that fits my body so well it highlights all my curves and then the dress is so fitted it allows for my breasts to pop out.
I have a tiara on my head and then I have a golden cape on. I wanted to
look very simple but yet so beautiful…a girl only gets married once in her life.

“Like a princess” she says and that is enough to get me to smile…if I look like a princess maybe I will have my fairytale ending.

“I love you” I tell her as she shakes her head at me...can she just smile at least?

#

The gods were against me a lot of times but when Jurian was conceived I swear they had me in mind. He was like a meal I ordered but the chef decided to give me the best dish on the menu just to show off his skills, I may not have deserved it, but it was mine at the end of the day.

“Do you Jurian take Liana to be your wife, to have and to hold through sickness and in health, for poorer and for richer till death do you part?” Sali the officiating minister asks and Jurian looks to the crowd before turning to me with the warmest smile…Marian was wrong…this could be the start of something new.

“I do” He says and my heart melts at his words…he did not say much but the
fact that he said something to me is amazing.
“Do you Liana take Jurian to be your husband, to have and to hold through
sickness and in health, for poorer and for richer till death do you part?” Sali
asks me and I smile…does he even have to ask?

“I do” at those words the world seems to cease to exist…it is just me and him.
He just became my world…until death do us part…If happiness had a picture it would be of me…if dreams come true had a testimony, it would be mine.

My mind blocks out so much that I am just moving through it all gracefully in my head, the cloud that I am on has left the scene and went off to my happy ever after.

I shake as I put the ring on Jurian’s finger, I have wanted this for so long my reality is starting to scare me, I guess it is true what they say about dreams…if your dreams do not scare you then they are not big enough…marrying Jurian was a big dream of mine.

After I put the ring on his finger he then takes my hand ready to put the ring on my finger, he does it so slowly and gently and I smile when the ring is a perfect fit…we are a perfect fit.

“You may kiss the bride” Sali says and just as we are about to kiss fireballs start falling from the sky and everyone starts running in a panic including me and as a result I fall hard on the ground and I feel my bones break.

Still a bit woozy from the fall, Jurian quickly picks me up and then he starts running in a direction that I do not know and then a carriage comes out of nowhere and then we get inside and leave the scene.

What the hell just happened?