i.

C H A N E L

I wiped my tears from my face and looked in my cleaned mirror. I needed to be tough for everyone. It was how I was raised. I also wanted ice cream. I wanted to drown my sorrows and never leave my room.

I dragged myself down the two flight of stairs. "Elanese?" I called out. Elanese was our maid, she worked around the house, cleaned, cooked, helped out with everything.

She never came to me when I called and that left me confused. I sighed and opened the huge freezer department. My pale brown eyes scanned through the cold fridge, but spotted no ice cream.

I slammed the freezer door with a grunt and placed my hands on my head. I was frustrated. Today was the worst day of my life.

I noticed a paper note on the marble counter, it wrote:

Dear Miss Chanel,

I left to pick up your brother from the airport, he had landed earlier than expected. Your parents have left for an important meeting. There is dinner in the fridge. Sorry, for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Elanese.

Great, no ice cream.

I threw out the letter and grabbed my Louis Vuitton handbag. I took off my Chanel jacket from the gold coat rack and slipped it on overtop of my white skintight dress then headed out the door. I always had to look my best, even at a store filled with food.

My Stuart Weitzman knee-high leather boots were rattling on the glassy ground as I made my way over to the resigned black limo. There was usually a chauffeur who would drive the limo. I take a pick in to the tinted windows. No one was in the car. There was no driver. My father must've fired everyone.

The grocery store was just a few blocks from here, I'm sure I could just walk there. I tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge. I groaned and hit my fist on the window violently. I sighed and continued to walk out of the driveway.

I got to the gate which guarded my house from the rest of the population and opened it.

I placed my thumbprint on the black pad beside the large gate and the door slid open. I tried to sneak past the gatekeeper because I was sure he would run off and tell my parents that I was going out late on a school night, but I wanted ice cream. That's all I needed and then I'll be right back in the house, safe and sound.

That's what I hoped would happen.

The truth was that the grocery store was in the non richest part of New York where all the crime happened. I didn't know what could happen, I could potentially be in danger.

I tried to avoid all the dirty spots on the sidewalk, but ended up walking weirdly. So, I decided to stop before people start questioning.

The sidewalk went on forever, I thought it was close, I was wrong. I still had a long way to go before making it to the store. Why does everything have to be so far from the Upper East Side?

My feet were killing me, I didn't do this often. A gust of cool wind flew my hair behind my shoulders and chill bumps raised on my skin. I shivered from the cold.

I was almost at the grocery store. So, once I made it the evening sky was already going dark. The sun started to set. I was now alone in the dark. I never thought this through.

I walked into the store and headed towards the ice cream section. Mhm, which kind should I get? There were so many stacked in the much smaller freezer than the one at home.