lvi.

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

Hi angels,

Thank you for all the reads. I never once thought I would get so many. Everything is exceptional. I enjoyed writing this book and never thought you guys would too. I love reading your comments. They're my favourite part of the day.

Everybody likes Chanel as a bad bitch, so I'll try to make her like that again without making the story weird. She acts like this because of her trauma. All of them will get character developments eventually.

There's still so much to the story.

Sorry for such a long wait.

Enjoy this chapter.

G I O V A N N I

Chanel was right. They would have never worked out. This was a side of Chanel he had never thought he would ever encounter. She seemed so broken. He never realized it before. He never noticed how fallen apart she indeed was.

When she looked into her eyes one last time, he saw. He saw the pain, all her pain. He felt it.

He needed to get away from her. He needed to breathe. Everything that involved her is twisted. He wished he had met her some other way. But wishes are for the weak. His father once told him that.

He has other things to worry about.

He met Derrick in the middle of the hall.

"What did you find?" Giovanni asked Derrick.

He was waiting patiently downstairs after he let Giovanni retake his sister.

"I found someone important for you," Derrick smirked.

"Why?"

Giovanni was skeptical.

What did Derrick want in return?

"Let's say we both have the same enemy. Aleksei took something of mine, and I need to get it back. My men aren't strong enough by ourselves. We need to work together to beat him. He is way too prepared."

That was what he wanted.

"What makes you think I would just help you," Giovanni narrowed his eyes. "You are leading the rival gang that was once my enemy."

Derrick popped open the truck to his Rolls-Royce. A body was in it. Did he kill someone? Kidnap them? What was Giovanni supposed to do with a dead body?

Giovanni rolled his eyes.

Derrick moved the strands of blonde hair from the girl's face. Her cheeks were rosy and sweaty. Her eyes were closed, but Giovanni could make out who it was.

The girl was Valeria.

Derrick slammed the trunk closed.

"What am I supposed to do with her?" Giovanni snarled. He hated games. Derrick was messing with him.

"Don't you want to find out what Aleksei is up to? Use her. She must break eventually. She could tell you everything," Derrick suggested.

As much as Giovanni didn't want to admit it, he had a good point. Giovanni could use it.

Derrick stuck his hand out. "Deal?"

Giovanni stalled.

He looked at the trunk. Thinking back to Valeria. Then at Derrick.

He roughly grabbed his hand. Derrick winced.

"Deal."

•••