lix.

C H A N E L

Cold.

Valeria was different.

She was cold. She turned her shoulder away from me, so her back was facing me.

We were currently driving God knows where.

I just had to get her out of there no matter what she had done. There was no excuse for how Giovanni handled it or treating her.

She said hurtful things to me, but we could get one of them. I knew she would never say anything like that and mean it. We have been through this and thin. She would never do that to me, no matter how mad she was at anybody.

We would get over it.

Like we always did.

We have never fought this big and problematic before. However, I am worried about how Valeria was doing since she didn't look so good.

Sleep wants her friend at the moment, just like she said I wasn't. I still don't understand where she came from with the meaning of her words. I've always been preoccupied in my life that I never bothered to ask her. She was right; I am a terrible friend.

She had never mentioned anything about it before. I never realized I had ever done anything to make her feel like that.

We arrived at a house. It looked abandoned and tarnished. Was this where Valeria lived or something?

I looked behind my shoulder to find Valeria was nowhere to be found. I shook my head in the other direction in panic. Where could she have possibly gone? I was confused. Valeria told her she had a place to go, but she left her there without telling her anything.

I saw Valeria. Her mouth was covered by a large hand with black gloves. Her eyes were wide as saucers that were trying to warn me about something.

Her screams grew louder but were muffled from the unknown hand.

It was too late.

I felt a hand cover my mouth and nose before I inhaled a strong scent. My head felt dizzy and light-headed. I feel my legs shake from underneath me as I fall onto the hard ground. My sight was blurry, but I could make out Valeria. The man wasn't near her anymore. Instead, she took a knife out of her pocket and sliced a clean cut on his neck.

The man fell to the ground, similar to me, although blood spurting from the wound. She left him there. She did that to him then left him there to die.

She approached me.

I couldn't move.

I couldn't scream.

I felt paralyzed.

At that moment, I wasn't sure who Valeria was anymore.

Her eyes were violent. They reminded me of Giovanni whenever he would kill.

I was wrong about Valeria all along.

I woke up to my head screaming in pain. My eyes were fuzzy, and I couldn't hear anything out of my ears.

She made a person knock me out, killed the man.

I groaned. I looked around the room. My eyes searched the familiar place as my brain racked where I had seen this place before.

Then it hit me.

The party. The basement. The worst day of my life.

I panicked, a scream ripped through my throat. Why was I here? What did Valeria want from me that she brought me to the worst place of my life? The place where my nightmares started.