Eplologe 2

** Charlotte's POV ** 

I picked Katie up from school as I did every day and as normal she came out the class all smiley and chatting to her friends. It was nice to see she had settled into secondary school so well! She came bounding up to the car with her backpack over one shoulder.

"Hey love how was school?" I asked her.

"Brilliant! We did a screaming jelly baby experiment in science and in English we had to write stories about our families! Mine was the most interesting of course! I wrote about how dad and uncle Zayn took me to the XFactor rehearsals!" I laughed.

Katie loved having Liam as her dad. He always took her to events and when they went on TV. The only time she didn't have an eventful story for her friends on a Monday morning was when Liam and the boys were on a brake.

"That sounds good hun. Any homework?"

Katie sighed "Yes. I think I can do it though."

Once we got home Katie ran upstairs to her room while I walked into Liam's office / studio. He was in there messing around with the band's latest single.

"Baby." I hugged him from behind.

"Hey baby girl." Liam spun around in his swivel chair then pulled me onto his lap hugging me into his chest.

We sat chatting for a while before Katie-Fèlicity came into the room with a pice of paper in her hand.

"Mum, dad can you help me?" She asked. I got off of Liam's lap so she could sit where I was.

"Sure love what is it?" Liam smiled down at her taking the bit of paper out of her hand and looking at it.

"I have to find out why my name is Katie-Fèlicity Karen Payne." She told us.

I knew she would eventually ask. Everyone does. 10 years on it is still uncomfortable to talk about but its not half as bad as it was.

I pulled the other chair in the room to where Katie and Liam were sitting and sat down. "Charlotte are you sure you want to tell her? I can." Katie looked at us confused.

"Yeah I can. Katie." I took a deep breath... "When I was little, a lot younger than you, I met a girl called Katie. We were best friends! Katie's dad was a horrible man. He would hurt Katie and her mum. He would hit her a lot and other horrible things that you are far too young to know about. We got chosen to go to Hill Heights Secondary school, Katie for her singing skils and me for my dancing. That was where I met your dad. He was one of my teachers." Liam, being the overprotective dad, interrupted me.

"Katie you are never aloud to fall in live with your teacher. Or anyone for that fact." She giggled.

"Anyway.  Things happened and Katie ended up going back home. Her dad started to be mean to her again and eventually it became too much." This was when I started to chocke up. "Katie can you sit over here please I need a cuddle from your dad." The tears were already flowing.

I sat down on Liam's lap and cried into his chest. Leaving Liam to finish the story of.

** Liam's POV **

"Katie started to cut herself. She thought she deserved the pain so she hurt herself. She hurt herself so much she died." I could hear Charlotte's sobs increase and tears started to well up in Katie's eyes.

"You are called Katie because on the day we found out you were in mummy's tummy was the day we found out she died." Katie was about to cry so I patted the other side of my lap so she could comr and cuddle with us.

"You were born on her birthday too. That's why your mum goes out for about an hour on your birthday each year. She goes to Katie's grave. She always takes her a present and tells her how you are and how much she would have loved you." I started to cry now. I hated that my wife, the lady I love so much, was in so much pain on such a brilliant day.

"Could I vist her grave?" Charlotte looked at Katie.

"Of corse. I wanted to take you there one day when you were older but if you want to go now of course you can." Her voice was raspy from crying but still incredibly beautiful.

"Come on get your coat and shoes on." I told them both.

About 15 minutes later we were there. In front of her gravestone. I hadn't been here in a few years but I knew remembered every inch of it. All of the flowers were still there from Katie's birthday.

** Katie's POV **

I looked down at the grave of the girl I was named after. There was a picture of two girls, older than me, I knew one of them was mum and I guessed the other was Katie. She was beautiful. I was lucky to be named after her.

I kneeled down on the damp grass before the grave stone.

"Hello auntie Katie. I hope your happier now that your dad isn't hurting you. You didn't deserve it. I would have loved to meet you, I think you would like me. Uncle Louis always says that I'm just like a Katie he knew. I hope thats you. That ryemd." I giggled. "I know mum misses you a lot and if I could I would bring you back to make her happy. I didn't know about you until today. I don't want to tell my teacher why I'm named after you.  I feel it would be disrespectful. I know if I met you I would love you." I pressed a kiss to where her name was carved into the stone then got up and hugged mum and dad.

"I wish she didn't die. I miss her."