Good news never lasts long.

Chapter 28

** Charlotte's POV **

We arived at the doctors after our chat with Simon and I had this odd feeling that something wasn't right. I'm not sure if it was because I was nervous about the appointment or for some other reason but I could tell something was up.

"You ready?" Liam asked once we were parked up.

"I guess so." We walked into the practice and Liam signed me in so I could go and sit down.

"You seem nervous. Calm down." Liam sat down next to me. I couldn't calm down thought. I knew something was up.

After another 5 minutes my name got called and Liam pun an arm around my waist before guiding me in the direction of the room we were told.

I was just about to knock on the door when I got a call.

(P: Penelope - Katie's mum. C: Charlotte)

P: Charlotte are you able to talk?

C: No can I speak to you in say 15 minutes? 

P: Okay *sniffing noise* I will talk to you in a moment.

I was very worried now. Penelope never cried. She was always happy and up beat. Something must have happened.

"Come on lets go in." Liam knocked on the door and the doctor let us in.

"Hello miss Devine. I hear you have been a tad ill resently." The doctor was an older gentleman maybe in his 50's? I told him that I had been throwing up every morning for a few days and that Liam was worr but I was sure it was just a bug.

"I don't think its just a bug but I have an idea though. Could you lay down on the bed please I would like to do an ultrasound." As soon as I heard the word ultrasound I knew what he was on about. I looked over to Liam once I was on the ved and he got up to hold my hand. I think by know the switch in Liam's head had clicked.

"This may be cold." Doctor Fox told me, I saw his name on his desk. As he promised the gel was cold and made me shiver. He began to move the probe around on my tummy and I looked up at Liam in hope that he could calm me.

He mouthed 'I love you' and kissed my forehead. "Yep. As I thought."

I took a deep breath.

** Liam's POV **

"Yep. As I thought." Doctor Fox though out loud. I knew what he was on about.

"Miss Devine, Mr Payne congratulations. Your about 5 weeks pregnant." He told us with a massive smile on his face.

I began to think back to that amazing night on the beach. We didn't use protection and now this was the consequence.

My first reaction was to panic and run a mile. I couldn't look after myself very well let alone another human being! Plus I had an extremely busy schedule but I knew Charlotte would need my support. I was telling the truth when I said that I would always stick by her.

I could see the tears well up in my baby girls eyes and at that point I knew what I had to do. "We can get though this. You will be an amazing mummy to our little boy or girl. We can get through anything."

"Are you sure? I'm still in school and you have your career. I can't hold you back from all that!"

"I'm sure. The boys will understand. Management will just have to get on with it and understand that I won't be able to be away from home for as long or I will bring you and the baby with me." I was going to say more but Dr. Fox interrupted me.