Kabanata 46

Ares and I were on silent mode hanggang sa umabot kami sa opisina niya. I even saw Bernard waving his hands at me and I just returned it with a smile when we entered his office, napansin ko agad na bago ang mga gamit na nakapatong sa mesa nito.

"Is it just me or nagbago talaga ang mga gamit mo dito?" I asked him and took a seat on his large couch.

He sat beside me and brushed his hair up. "They are all new, pati na din 'yong mesa ko."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Flex mo ulit?"

"No." he shaked his head and laughed a little. "Nasira ko lahat ng gamit ko last Friday."

"Why?" I asked.

He extended his arms on the backrest at mukhang nakaakbay na ito sa akin. May I remind all of you that this guy, is one of the biggest flirt I have ever met.

"I threw them away." he answered with full confidence.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I'm mad." sambit nito. "You didn't gave me a chance to explain what you've heard, nagulat na lang ako at hindi ka na pumasok sa trabaho then the next day, I was hoping na papasok ka but wala pa din."

"I actually--uh, how do I say this? I forgot my schedule. I thought walang trabaho on Saturdays." I smiled awkwardly.

Kumunot ang noo ni Ares pero bigla na lamang ito tumawa ng mahina. Even his laugh is too sexy for me to handle, I can believe that this kind of man really do exist.

"Anyway," he stopped laughing and composed himself. "I need to explain every detail that you need to know and I will accept questions from you after."

"Anong akala mo? Conference meeting?" ngumiwi ako which made Ares chuckle a bit.

"Okay, let me start. It all started with my plan, as I said I used you to get close to Ella. I was expecting that after my confession you would decline me or something but I was surprised when you told me that you like me. After those days, I never thought that I am slowly falling for you until one day, Ella came to me."

"She asked if totoo ba na gusto ko siya, I don't have any idea kung paano niya nalaman ang tungkol doon but I told myself to stick on my original plan. Ella ang I had a secret affair behind your back and trust me, I felt so guilty kapag naalala ko ang mga araw na 'yon and that is also the reason why hindi ako nanligaw because my feelings were not stable yet. Alam kong masasaktan ka pa din sa huli, I was planning to tell you about us but you heard our conversation on the party, right?"

I nooded. I can clearly remember how I feel and how heavy my heart while I was running and walking under the rain. That's the day where I felt pathetic, I felt everyone betrayed me.