Kabanata 12

"Next group to be showing their groovy dance moves will be Step Up Avengers, composed of 15 members from Grade 10." the host declared.

The dance competition has already started and we are the last performer. Nasa backstage kami pero rinig na rinig ko ang sigaw sa labas, I can now calculate kung ano kadami ang nanonood ngayon, siguro nga ay occupied ang buong gym.

I opened my bag muna and check if may message si Ares but there was nothing, the last message is still my picture that I sent to him kanina. I sighed and turned off my phone.

"We can do this!" sigaw ni Danica, it was her way to motivate us all. We made a small warm up muna dahil it's our turn na.

"Let us clap our hands to the last but not the least performance by the Elite Emeralds, our official dance troupe composed of senior high school students. Are you ready to see them rock the stage?" sigaw ng host, halos lahat ng tao ang narinig kong sumigaw.

We made our way on stage at mas lalong lumakas ang sigaw ng mga nanonood. Nakaramdam man ako ng konting kaba ay nawawala din agad dahil kailangan kong magfocus sa sayaw ko.

We positioned ourselves on stage, we also observed our spacing sa bawat isa. While we are waiting for the music to play, I glanced at the audience. My eyes widened when I saw him, standing in the front row.

Ares is here, he is watching.

But, one thing caught my attention, I followed his gaze and I saw him staring at my best friend who was also staring at him.

My whole system felt heavy when I saw Ares smiled at Ella.

The music started to play and it made the whole gym silent. The only thing I can hear is the loud music and my heart who was beating so loud not because I am nervous but because of the scene that I witnessed a while ago.

Is over thinking a bad thing or a good one?

I tried to focus myself sa sayaw but the thoughts of Ares and Ella was distracting me. She's my bestfriend naman diba, she won't do that and siguro kanina, Ares was just being friendly with Ella at isa pa, smiling at someone isn't a big deal.

Mabuti na lang at natapos ang performance namin at wala akong mali kahit na madami akong iniisip. I never took a glance on the audience pagkatapos ng sayaw, we made our way to the backstage at doon na sila nag-ingay.

Everybody looks so happy so, I tried myself to act happy too but it didn't work. Danica gave each one of us a tap on our shoulders because of the performance and hard work, she was so proud standing in front of us at halatang kontento na siya sa ipinakita namin kanina.

"Okay ka lang?" It was Kian. What a coincidence, diba? Everytime I am into deep thoughts, he's always there to ask me if I'm okay.

"Oo naman." I lied.

"Your eyes," he pointed. "they look so sad."