Kabanata 35

"Can we start the meeting about the offer?"

"Of course." Ares smiled and took a seat beside his four employees. Umupo na din kami ni Kian while his mom made it's way to her own swivel chair.

I felt someone staring at me while listening to Mrs. Pedroso's words and it makes me so uncomfortable. Hindi ako assuming but I really feel na si Ares ang nakatingin sa'kin.

"What can you say, Nyx?" nagulat ako sa tanong ni Mrs. Pedroso.

I don't even heard what they were talking about!

"I guess it's a yes?" Ares low voice made me shiver.

Why do I feel that my heart would burst out?

"What yes?" I blurted out which made Ares smile at me playfully.

"You'll agree to my offer." he stood up and walked towards me. He is now holding a white folder and he handed it to me. "Sign the contract and come with me."

Come with him?

I raised my eyebrow at him before receiving the white folder. I opened it and saw a contract na may pangalan na V.A Games Corporation at the top and his signature at the end of it.

"Nyx." napalingon agad ako kay Kian. He is staring at the contract. "Are you sure about this?"

"Why, anak? It's a great opportunity for her." agad na sinabi ng kaniyang ina. Kian sighed and looked away.

"Sign it." Ares demanded with his soft voice.

I was hesitant at first but, I can just ignore him if I'll start doing my pictorial diba? It's not necessary naman na pansinin ko siya, I'll just talk to him if needed.

I signed the contract and gave the folder back to Ares, the tip of our fingers slightly touched which made me freeze for a second.

"It's settled, then." masayang sambit ni Mrs. Pedroso.

Ares faced me. "We should go now, Mrs. Pedroso. Ms. Paloma, come with me."

"Ilang beses ko ba dapat sabihin na you should call me tita na lang." reklamo ni Mrs. Pedroso. She's a teen by heart, minsan gusto niya din na tawagin ko siyang tita but I want to be formal pa din.

Ares chuckled. "Yes, tita."

"That's more like it." sabi ni Mrs. Pedroso, she faced me with her teasing smile. "Good luck, hija."