Pt 2, Chapter Seventy-Eight - Dirty Deeds

- Harley -

"So this is what you've been working on for 2 months?" Jax asks looking up to me from his paperwork, I begin to walk over to the front of his desk nodding my head "Yep, are you proud of me?" He raises an eyebrow at me before leaning back in his chair, "2 months?" He questions again, I get to the front of his desk and stop folding my arms over my chest "You didn't answer my question".

"Kitten, how the hell did this take 2 months to do?" He sighs stretching his arms above his head before placing them behind his head, "What have you done?" I challenge raising an eyebrow at him "Built us a new house, ran an Mc, taken care of my beautiful wife and son" He smugly says before smirking at me. "Okay well, I have built an empire puddin, and sometimes I just get distracted by Elijah" I say the last part quieter and smile to myself.

"Sometimes? Try all the time, you two are like Siamese twins" He jokes but I know he's still butthurt about the amount of attention I give Elijah, I can't help it, hes my little terror, a squishy little ball of love, our squishy little ball of love. "Oh don't go getting jealous handsome, you know you're my number one man, and hes my number one boy" I begin to walk around to his side of the desk, he slowly rolls his chair backwards making room for me.

"You also get just as much attention as Elijah does because grandma Betty steals him as soon as she sees him. And since he's just the most amazing baby he sleeps most of the night and in his own room, so you get me allllll night" He frowns as I sit down on the desk instead of his lap, "And the dogs" He pouts I roll my eyes and begin to swing my legs like a child "To be fair, they leave after an hour and sleep in Elijah's room for the rest of the night, you're just not going to win this argument puddin, you get just as much love you big old sook".

"I'm not old" He frowns again and I can't help but laugh at him, "But in all seriousness, you're running yourself dry kitten, you need to slow down or youre going to burn out, the past 2 months you've been going almost 24/7 I don't know how youre standing right now" I bite down on my lower lip to stop myself from saying anything that will cause an argument, I know he's right but it's fine now, I've finished what I needed to do.

"But I've finished everything, now I have more time for you, Elijah and Blaze" Jax's jaw tenses when I say Blaze's name and I know I've fucked up and started a whole new argument, "We need to do something about the kid" His voice comes out a lot more deep and serious, I begin to shake my head "Don't start this Jax, please" I try but I know hes not going to stop talking about it "Harley you've been trying to help him for the past month and he's only gotten worse" He moves his hands from behind his head to lean his elbows on his knees "He has his days puddin, everyone does, you just happen to be there when its gone to shit, it's slowly getting better" This time Jax shakes his head.

I stop kicking my legs and sigh because I know I'm about to get a lecture "Harley you've been trying to help him for the past month, he's only gotten worse and more violent, you saw what he did to one of the prospects. He's letting his mind take control instead of learning how to control it, hes a danger to his brothers, his family, our family", I tense up when he says the last part, like hes some wild animal, he's not, he's human, "So what? You're going to put him down like he's some fucking dog? It's not easy for everyone to just control their emotions and psychical urges, was it easy when you first started torturing people when you finally got in your groove? No, because you get excited, you want to keep doing it to keep proving to yourself that you've mastered it, it will go soon he's just getting it out of his system. Now enough about him, we have more important issues like me".