Chapter Forty-Four - Dirty Little Secret

**Happy holidays to everyone, i hope you all had amazing holidays filled with love, friends and family. And a giant happy fucking new year, 2020 let's go! xx**

- Jax -

I place my arm around Harley's lower back as I guide her into the clubhouse, the small infant still in her arms. all of the men become quiet when we walk in all attention on us and the baby. Shark Eyes stands up and walks over to us followed by Betty. "Harley you didn't-.." She rolls her eyes and cuts him off, "No dad I didn't steal a baby" She smiles down at Isabella in her arms before looking back up to her dad. "It's Matthews" She whispers to him, his eyes widen at the small baby infront of him, "Can I?" He asks nodding his head towards Isabella. Harley nods and smiles as she passes the child over to him and Betty.

Harley had told me before that Betty has never been able to have kids of her own due to medical problems, we watch the two of them coo and cuddle into the small baby. Harley looks up to me and stands on her tiptoes planting a small kiss on my cheek, I grab onto her hand and lift her onto the pool table before jumping up myself.

I clear my throat and all eyes turn to us. "Well, it looks like we have a new member of the family. This is Isabella, Matthew and Stacey's child" I watch as my men become stiff and ridged at Matthews name, "Now if anyone has a problem with this baby you can leave. She is family no matter who her parents are. I want her watched like a fucking hawk, no one hurts her or I'll slit your fucking throat. Do you understand me men" I growl over the crowd, they nod their heads and bang their fists onto the tables letting me know they agree.

I jump down and lift Harley off the table as everyone returns to what they were doing before, Harley's hands wrap around my arm as she leans her head against it watching her father and Betty swoon over the small child. "Aren't they cute" She hums, "Indeed they are kitten" I reply as I kiss her forehead. "I've gotta do some paperwork, I'll come and find you when I'm done and we can do something fun" I whisper into her ear as Gunner and Shelby begin to walk towards us. "Pinky promise?" She asks as I pull her into my arms, "Pinky promise kitten," I say leaning down to her, her arms wrap around my neck pulling into a deep kiss, fuck I can't get enough of her. 

She pulls away and Shelby grabs her hand to walk over to Shark eyes and Betty, as she leaves I smack her ass and give her a smirk before pulling out a cigarette from my pocket and lighting it, "When are you going to tell her?" Gunner asks as we both watch our women swoon over the small child. "Not sure" I mumble as I take a drag.

"She's going to become suspicious soon, you can keep fucking off for hours at a time with no explanation of where you have been" He replies, I take another drag and run my free hand through my hair, "We will get to that when the time comes" I huff before walking off towards my office, Gunner following behind.

"How long now?" He asks once the doors to the office are closed, "About a week, just need to do the final touches" I reply as I shuffle through the paperwork on the desk, Gunner takes a seat on one of the chairs infront of me staring at me but not speaking, I look up to him and sigh "Fucking what Gunner?" He sits there with a shit-eating grin on his face, "You're so fucking whipped" He laughs to himself. I stop what I'm doing and zero in my eyes on him, "Says you googly poo" I mock watching his face drop at the nickname.

He sits in the chair silent for a few minutes before speaking again, "She's going to kill everyone once she catches on" He says looking down at his fingers, "Well if you do your job and keep her occupied she won't kill everyone hmmm?". Finally, I find the papers I was looking for folding them in half and shoving them in the inner pocket in my cut. "Easy for you to say, the girl is bored after 5 minutes of anything", I groan loudly and snap my eyes to Gunner, "Gunner you're my brother but if you keep this shit up I'm going to let Harley at you. Now go and do what I pay you to do" I say shoving him out the door as we make our way downstairs and outside.