Chapter Forty-Six - EarMuffs

** Wattpad deleted my first draft of this chapter and it took all of me not to throw my laptop of a bridge, anyways hope you lovelies enjoy xx**

- Jax -

I sit down at the bar and grab a cigarette out of my cut pocket i place it inbetween my lips and light it up, i can hear footsteps down the stairs behind me, i turn around on the stool and watch as Harley walks over with a smile on her face wearing one of my shirts that hangs over her like a dress. she sits on my lap and takes the cigarette from my mouth taking a drag of it, "What's got you all smiley kitten?" I ask taking the cigarette out of her mouth. She leans her head on my shoulder and looks over to Shark Eyes and Betty.

"They look so happy... A happy little family" She trails off still staring at them from across the room, "What are you getting out gorgeous?" I raise an eyebrow at her, she looks up to me and moves closer to my ear so only i can hear. "Im not ready, Im still healing from the accident. Im scared ill hurt her when i flip out", I hum to myself pulling her into my chest. "Come on" I stand her up and grab ahold of her hand before walking us over to the booth they are sitting at.

Betty looks up at us and greets us with a warm smile, Harley and i slide into the seats across from them watching as Betty hands Isabella over to Shark Eyes, "Good morning my chickens" Betty chirps at us, we both let out a small laugh before Harley clears her throat. "Everyone knows im not all there" She says pointing to her head, i place my hand on her thigh giving it a small squeeze. "After everything that's happened, i-i just don't trust myself around Isabella alone, well not yet anyway. Were both still trying to heal from the accident" She begins to trail off before looking over to me.

I give her a small nod and smile, she turns back to Betty and Shark Eyes and takes a deep breath, "I was wondering if you two would like to raise-" Harley doesn't even get to ask the question before shes pulled over the table and into Bettys embrace, "B-betty i can't breath" She struggles to speak, "Oh hush child and let me fucking love you" She sobs, soon enough Betty lets go of Harley and lets her return to her seat.

Shark Eyes looks over to me and gives me a questioning look, i nod slight and smile at him before kissing the side of Harley's head"We trust you two more than anyone else here, i mean you both practically raised Harley at different times in her life, and she turned out alright" I say with a shit-eating grin, she elbows my chest and mumbles "Asshole" Before a small smile graces her lips, "Ha, you laughed Im, not in trouble".

 We sit at the table with them and talk for another hour or so before making our way into the kitchen, "Church in an hour" I call out over the room. Once in the kitchen we make our way over to the kettle and Harley begins to make two coffees, i sit on the kitchen bench watching her make the coffees. "Do you need me in the room today?" She asks looking over her shoulder at me.

I shake my head and light up 2 cigarettes handing one to her, "Just club runs, drop-offs and pick-ups nothing important, why?" I ask as i take a drag, "Wanted to go into town with Shelby to explore" She says stirring the hot water, "As long as you don't go day drinking again" I warn, seconds later Shelby walks into the kitchen and looks around before spotting us, she walks over to us sheepishly and clears her throat.

"Good morning Little Red" Harley coos to Shelby pulling her into a hug, "Harley can i talk to you... alone," She says turning to me and giving me a small smile, i nod my head and jump down from the table, i pull Harley in for a kiss before smacking her ass and walking out of the kitchen, i spot Gunner, Juice, Irish and Wood sitting at a booth as i make my way over to them.