Chapter Forty-Two - Small Bump

- Jax -

"How is she?" Shark Eye's asks me, "She seems alright, still, not herself but I was able to bribe her with McDonald's on the way home so at least she has eaten, the dogs are in the room with her right now" He smiles softly and nods his head, "Anything on the person who did it?" He asks, "Ricci has them, but he's holding them in the basement" He looks at me confused for a second, "Ricci has a whole gang in the basement?" He asks with no amusement in his voice, I laugh at him and shake my head "No brother, he has the only ones that were left alive the boss and his sidemen, everyone else was obliterated by Ricci's cartel, turns out they are very protective of her" I say with a small smile.

"So who gets to off the last 10?"He asks me, "It's up to Harley, they're her kills but I just don't know if she will want to, you know?" I ask him he simply nods "Now if you will excuse me I have to go and make sure she's not trying to fight people", He nods and makes his way over to Betty. I make my way into my room to see Harley sitting on the bed chewing on some fries, both of the dogs are lying on the floor at the end of the bed sleeping. I kick my shoes off and hang my cut up before laying down on the bed next to her, "Still not hungry?" I ask with a little smirk, "Don't even start" She replies I laugh at her and continue to watch her pick at the food, "why are you staring at me eating?" she questions as she bites into her burger.

"Just looking at how beautiful you are kitten", She blushes quickly before she smiles "Is this beautiful?" She asks before she opens her mouth to show me the mashed up burger, "Look kitten I'll be honest, no it's not but if you asked me to eat that from your mouth I would so you can make up your mind on where I stand" She sits on my statement for a few seconds before replying, "Jax I love you but I could never eat chewed up food from your mouth" She scrunches her face up as she talks about it, "But what if it was-" She holds her had up "Nope never, never ever" I laugh again and pull her down and into my embrace, "Well I guess you just don't love me as much as I love you" I fake pout and act hurt, "Don't even start that Jax, you know I do but eating mashed up food from someone else mouth is a big no-no, that's almost as bad as touching soggy food when doing the dishes".

................

It's been a week since Harley got home, she's slowly getting better her eating habits have almost returned to normal, she's slowly being more affectionate with everyone but she hasn't left the compound, she doesn't want to go back to work even if it's with Shelby.

"Harley!" I yell out, "Yessssss" She sings out from the room "Have you seen my hoodie?" I ask as I walk out while buckling up my pants, "What hoodie?" She asks me, I look up to her and see her wearing the black hoodie I was looking for, "The grey one" I reply with a smile "Oh over here" She says as she walks over to the closet, she pulls it off the hanger and hands it to me "Thank you kitten" I say before I lean down to kiss her. "Can I work out in the garage today?" She asks while tying up her hair, "Sure, have you got anything to work on?" I ask her while I throw my hoodie over myself before putting my cut on over, "The boys got a Fatboy from the scrap yard, they ordered all the parts in but no one's got time for it so they said I could work on it if it was okay with you".

"Harley, you don't need to ask me to do shit, you can do whatever makes you happy okay?" I pull her into me one more time and plant a long soft kiss on her lips, I pull back and cup her face "I'll most likely be in my office all day if you need me" She nods and I quickly kiss her forehead before heading out the door. I make my way down to the basement where Ricci, Gunner and Shark Eyes are all talking amongst themselves, "They still alive?" I ask, they all turn their heads towards me but only Ricci replies, "Yes, for now" he turns his attention to the holding cells behind him, "When are you going to tell her?", I shrug my shoulders and light a cigarette, "When she's ready to face them, she still hasn't talked about the accident. We have only talked and mourned about the baby" I reply.